Since 1991, Claretian Associates has built a network of relationships that have affirmed our faith in the future of South Chicago. We have created roughly 140 affordable units of housing to improve South Chicagoans’ access to decent affordable housing. Through key partnerships, we have implemented initiatives that include improvements in employment, safety, healthcare, housing, arts and culture, and environmental awareness. Claretian Associates utilizes this comprehensive method of community development for the complete revitalization of the South Chicago community.
Our mission is to build community within the culturally diverse neighborhood of South Chicago by working with community leaders, residents, and organizations, that provide affordable housing and related services for low-and-moderate income people, build resident based leadership, and serve as a catalyst in creating innovative solutions to improve the quality of life.
The Community Services Manager is a position developed to respond to the growing need for affordable housing and services brought on by the crisis of foreclosing homes, expiring funding for affordable rental units and increasing rents, as well as the need for access to affordable food and financial literacy education. Therefore, it is critical to ensure that the long-term residents of this historic community maintain access to affordable housing and other needed resources and services. This position reports directly to the Claretian Associates’ Executive Director.
- Lead Foreclosure Prevention efforts in partnership with grant from Attorney General Office focused on streamlining and coordinating community resources and communication on foreclosure prevention, credit repair and early intervention strategies to reach all geographic areas of South Chicago.
- Attend Latino Policy Forum’s Housing Acuerdo meeting in conjunction with work focusing on increasing housing option and services for Latino families.
- Market foreclosure prevention services to area organizations including small church groups, local schools and day care centers to connect working poor families to available help, even before they face foreclosure.
- Lead outreach for South Chicago Food Network targeting efforts to help strengthen local food pantries by providing bilingual resources to help them secure more healthy food and services.
- Facilitate South Chicago Financial Literacy Working Group, including the planning of financial literacy workshops for adults and youth in Spanish and English.
- Coordinate design, production and timely delivery of direct mail (English and Spanish) for area households outlining available foreclosure prevention and financial assistance services and other available resources.
- Coordinate and carry out logistics for meetings, events and relevant activities. Represent Claretian Associates at community meetings, forums, and public events as required.