ThedaCare is a community health system consisting of several hospitals, numerous clinics and related services. We are the third largest health care employer in Wisconsin and the largest employer in the state's second largest economic market - Northeast Wisconsin - with approximately 6,800 employees. Through our 100-year history, ThedaCare has woven itself into the very fabric of the communities we serve. For our employees, ThedaCare offers an environment that not only welcomes but also encourages innovative thinking and fresh approaches to today’s health care challenges. We’ve improved the health of thousands of individuals. We know this because we track our quality and constantly seek to improve our care and services for the members of our communities.
The Director of Diagnostic Imaging provides strategic direction and operational leadership of diagnostic imaging and for interventional radiology in high volume inpatient and multiple outpatient imaging sites. Develops and manages the imaging leadership team. Identifies, develops, and supports customer service, quality, safety and financial metrics/initiatives. Establishes policies and procedures. Works collaboratively with their leadership team in developing department/division initiatives that focus on employee engagement, process improvement initiatives, patient satisfaction, and workplace safety. Maintains and enhances interpersonal relationships with medical staff, team members, patients, and visitors.
• Troubleshooting various business related issues.
• Develops tactics to coordinate resources and standardize patient care standards and staff education across the continuum at the assigned facilities.
• Collaborates on the strategic planning of major facilities construction/renovation projects to ensure the safe and effective placement of imaging equipment and efficiency of operations.
• In conjunction with the VP of Diagnostic Imaging, develops and administers technical and clinical imaging standards and protocols for the delivery of medical imaging services in keeping with service, value, quality, cost, and access goals of the organization.
• Oversees the research and recommends the acquisition and implementation of new technology that supports imaging strategy and system initiatives.
• Participates in system-wide policy/standards formulation and program planning to integrate/enhance the continuum of services available.
• Serves as a dyad partner with identified radiologists to advance clinical and service quality within imaging.
• Develops and maintains a five year technology plan that will allow ThedaCare to remain
competitive in diagnostic imaging.
• Collaborates with the biomedical systems department to assure we have the best maintenance programs necessary to maintain the equipment and is operational 99.8% of the time.