The main responsibilities of the role are:
* Partners with the PDT Leader to help the PDT develop the project strategy, optimise delivery in terms of time, cost, value and risk. Partners with the TS Lead to help the TSST develop the TS strategy in line with the vision set by the PDT
* Focuses PDT and TSST on pipeline delivery, ensuring corporate metrics are achieved in an optimised and value driven way.
* Acts as a role model for partnering, collaboration and cross functional working
* Acts as the 'Hub' for project information
Operations Management and Leadership:
Drives cross-functional, operational integration for the PDT/TSST, including coordinating cross-functional activities and communications involving team members and external partners with minimal supervision.
* Coordinates the creation and maintenance of the integrated Product Development Plan and timeline.
* Ensures linkage between strategy and operational activities.
* Identifies issues and facilitates problem-solving, contingency planning, and decision-making.
* Informs key stakeholders of status, issues, problems, and proposed solutions as appropriate.
* Assumes full responsibility for managing specific aspects of the project as designated by team leadership.
Project Information/Communication Management:
* Develops and executes communication plan to ensure effective and timely communication between the PDT, line management, senior management, and external partners with minimal supervision.
* Ensures central access to key project documents, presentations, and assessments. Develops and implements plans for use of collaborative team communication solutions (e.g., eRooms, SharePoint).
* Ensures documentation of PDT and TSST team meetings, key decisions, and action items.
* Prepares independent periodic management reports (e.g. monthly reports, project milestones)
Product Development Process:
* Understands overall biologic/pharmaceutical product development process, including stages of development and role of different functional areas.
* Working knowledge of the biological sciences with technical, scientific or medical expertise in one or more functional areas involved in pharmaceutical/biologic product development.
* Early and late phase clinical development stages and processes and decision criteria for moving programs through the development pipeline, and the considerations relevant to post-marketed development and life cycle management.
* Core cross-functional concepts (e.g., preclinical, translational, CMC) and major requirements at different development stages.
* Basic knowledge of worldwide regulatory requirements, processes and regulatory authority interactions, as well as patent protection and records management.
* Commercial valuation, product life cycle planning, pricing and health economics.
* Ability to create, coordinate, and maintain an integrated product plan and to control or respond to changes in strategy and scope.
* Expertise in use of project management software solutions, including skills in critical path analysis. MS Project and/or Planisware experience is a plus.
* Understanding financial and resource planning systems and processes and ability to coordinate project-level budget/resource estimates and manage actuals vs. plan.
* Ability to manage teams and individuals in a matrix environment, ability to track team performance against objectives, use of effective meeting management tools and techniques, and knowledge of decision-making and conflict resolution techniques.
* Ability to maintain sources of project information, and to integrate and distribute appropriate information to senior management and team members.
* Able to negotiate with team members to resolve project/team issues.
Biologics Project Manager:
BA/BSc in a biological science or equivalent is required with a minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience in a BioPharma Product Development environment
Senior Biologics Project Manager:
BA/BSc in a biological science or equivalent is required with a minimum of 8 years of Project Management experience in a BioPharma Product Development environment
Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MS)
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.