Are you a meeting planner looking for your next challenge?
We have the perfect opportunity you to play an instrumental role in a high profile department for a leading sleep medicine association.
The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing medical society located in Darien, IL. We’re looking for a mid-level meeting professional to join our team. Under the direction of the department manager, you will take the lead in the planning & execution of multiple national conferences, courses and other programs offered by the meeting department. The ideal candidate will have related meeting planning experience with the desire to take it to the next level by taking on progressive responsibilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Organize hotel accommodations, catering, room sets, audiovisual, electrical and internet setup for meetings and conferences.
- Attend conferences, courses, seminars, meetings, and special events for all organizations as assigned to ensure thorough on-site coordination of all activities including registration, exhibits, staff, sessions, and special events.
- Coordinate outside vendors, including audiovisual, decoration, transportation, security, and mobile apps.
- Provide abstract management.
- Serve as speaker liaison for various meetings
- Collaborate with marketing and graphics department in the preparation of conference-related materials including: programs, advertisements, etc.
- Oversee and contribute to the development and production of conference materials, course handouts, web postings, list serve announcements, marketing pieces, etc.
- Monitor and maintain budgets.
- Assist in venue sourcing
- Produce reports related to speakers, sessions, and budgets.
- Process requests for travel reimbursements for speakers.
- Maintain knowledge of continuing education standards and requirements.
- Travel (approximately 10%), which includes weekends.