At the Center for Biological Diversity, we believe that the welfare of human beings is deeply linked to nature - to the existence in our world of a vast diversity of wild animals and plants. Because diversity has intrinsic value, and because its loss impoverishes society, we work to secure a future for all species, great and small, hovering on the brink of extinction. We do so through science, law and creative media, with a focus on protecting the lands, waters and climate that species need to survive.
We want those who come after us to inherit a world where the wild is still alive.
The Center is currently looking for a full-time Online Fundraising Director. The position will ideally be located in Tucson, AZ; Portland, Oakland, Los Angeles, or D.C. offices may be an option.
General position overview:
The Center for Biological Diversity is seeking a creative, collaborative Online Fundraising Director who will be responsible for drafting crisp, compelling copy for fundraising appeals and campaigns on a weekly basis. They will also be responsible for aggressively increasing the number of e-activist supporters beyond our base of 1.2 million, and generating and increasing online member revenues to support the growth of the Center for Biological Diversity's grassroots membership base. The Online Fundraising Director will focus on increasing supporter and donor acquisition, action-oriented advocacy engagement, and innovative marketing campaign development. The ideal candidate will have five to seven years of experience in environmental nonprofit online fundraising; successfully creating timely and topical integrated campaigns; leveraging e-appeals, petitions, action alerts, ads, websites, mobile texting, peer-to-peer fundraising and social media presence, as part of our broader digital strategy and communications. The position will ideally be based at the Center's Tucson office and will reside within the membership and development program.
- Create comprehensive online fundraising strategy with a goal to significantly grow base and revenues.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team including program staff, the digital director, the membership director, the communications director, the chief development officer, the data team, and the online organizer to create innovative campaigns designed to attract e-activists and drive traffic to the Center's online giving pages.
- Create and implement (targeted, segmented) online solicitation campaigns to increase acquisition, retention, upgrading, renewal and win-back of lapsed donors.
- Draft sharp weekly and daily copy for online appeals and messaging, edit copy, route materials in a timely fashion through vetting process as needed.
- Optimize and manage an online donor-acquisition plan using email, petitions, ads and social media marketing tools; incorporates emerging technologies into this plan.
- Track, analyze data, interpret trends and incorporate findings into plans in real time.
- Regularly report progress of fundraising and acquisition campaigns with leadership.
- Develop and manage an annual online fundraising calendar in collaboration with the communications team.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive e-mail-testing and -tracking performance system for all online campaigns (including acquisition and house lists) and social media efforts.
- Manage the online organizer.
- Assist with other fundraising and marketing duties as assigned.