CUHCC’s mission is to seek health equity in our community by advancing the well-being of diverse people. The clinic is known for providing high quality care to diverse patients and is moving forward in improving timely access to care for patients. CUHCC is building a care model that seeks to improve care at four different points: before the visit, during the visit, after the visit and between visits. This position will focus on providing care before and during the psychiatry appointment. This position will work alongside the providers, interpreters, nurses and other members of the patient’s care team.
1. Patient Contact/Care: 85%
• Reviews the electronic health record and plan care in preparation for provider visit
• Assists with psychiatric or medical needs as they arise: EKG, same day referral to medical, lab follow up and hospital transfers
• Interviews patients, checks vital signs, performs assessments appropriate to patient age and visit type, obtain consents, prints out lab reports, hospital discharge summaries, and related documents
• Assists providers with procedures and exams
• Administers medications and injections, including vaccines
• Works with members of the care team including medical providers, psychiatry providers, mental health nurse practitioners, nurse practitioners, nurses and other staff.
• Contacts patients with lab results or other needs.
• Assist team members in providing patient care throughout the visit to maintain clinic flow
• Provide patient health education materials around diet, symptoms or other areas as outlined in the after visit summary and/or care plan as directed by a provider.
• Coordinate with the patient and other members of the care team to ensure patients receive assistance for medications, find transportation, or connect to community resources (food shelves, groups, shelters) as needed.
2. Other duties: 10%
• Maintain examining rooms/replenish supplies/clean instruments
• Order supplies
• Participate in quality improvement projects to improve clinic flow and support to improve patient outcomes
3. Other duties as assigned. (5%)
*This position is represented by a bargaining unit, AFSCME Health Care. Dues or fair share deductions will be made.*
Salary Range: $33,217.60 - $43,659.20