The Leader Fellow position offers an opportunity for undergraduate students to gain experience in fostering welcoming and inclusive living-learning communities through working in residence life for summer pre-college programs. Each Leader Fellow will oversee an area of a residence hall with 10-15 students, encouraging and supporting their studentsâ?? holistic growth and well-being as individuals and as part of a larger community. The practical experience consists of several parts: intensive training led by professionals in student affairs; crisis management and student support; community building; academic assistance; leadership programming; coordination through hands-on leadership experience; and collaborative working relationships between residential life and academic administrative staff. This position reports to a Residence Director who is a graduate student enrolled in a Masterâ??s program in Student Affairs.
The Leadership Institute holds three sessions, each two weeks in length.
- Must be an undergraduate student.
- Due to the nature of the work, Leader Fellows are not permitted to have other obligations, including, but not limited to, employment, internship, or academic course (unless directly connected to internship-must be approved by Residential Life).
- Evening and weekend work is expected.
- Limited time off between Leadership Institute sessions and based on supervisor approval.
- Finalists receive a conditional offer of employment pending the outcome of a criminal background check.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-02-08:00
Job Posting Title:Leader Fellow
Worker Sub-Type:Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.