This position will have the responsibility of managing a research laboratory that has about 7-10 researchers working full time on various projects. The manager will be responsible for coordinating lab-related scheduling, and overseeing the efficient and safe running of the research. This includes ordering supplies, ordering and keeping extensive records of animals used, maintaining safety records, maintaining lab order and coordinating compliance. The position also involves carrying out unique scientific projects reflecting the applicantâ??s prior expertise and the innovative goals of the lab.
- Bachelorâ??s Degree in Neuroscience or related field and 1 year of relevant research experience
- Experience working in a research laboratory
- Experience with laboratory safety procedures
- Experience in computer science, data analysis, engineering or biology.
- Experience ordering and managing budget for laboratory supplies and animal costs
- Strong record keeping
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Dependability and accuracy
Criminal background and education check required.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-01-08:00
Job Posting Title:Laboratory Manager
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.