he Housing Assistant position offers an opportunity for undergraduate students to gain practical experience in fostering supportive and inclusive living-learning communities through supporting housing operations and customer service for summer pre-college programs, undergraduate students enrolled in Summer Session, and athletes attending summer sports camps. The practical experience consists of several parts: intensive training led by professionals in student affairs; student support and inquiry response; coordination through hands-on leadership experience; and collaborative working relationships between residential life, athletic staff, and academic administrative staff. This position reports to the Housing Manager who is a graduate student enrolled in a Masterâ??s program in Student Affairs.
This position demands excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills; attention to detail; and the ability to follow through with assignments and work collaboratively as part of a team. A successful Housing Assistant will also exhibit a positive attitude with energy and enthusiasm, a sense of humor, flexibility, and the interest to work with students and staff from different backgrounds. This live-in position requires staff to display professionalism, maturity, positive role modeling behavior, and good judgement at all times.
- Must be an undergraduate student.
- Given the responsibilities of this position, outside commitments are only permitted on Mondays after 1:00pm, and all day Tuesdays and Wednesdays.This includes, but not limited to, any employment, internships, research positions, teaching assistant positions, or educational opportunities including class requirements.
- No outside commitments June 3- 7, 2017 due to required training.
- Undergraduate students who are Housing Assistants are considered employees for the duration of their employment, so are not permitted to have guests stay in their residential spaces. Employees will need to seek alternative housing options for guests.
- Evening and weekend work is expected.
- Finalists receive a conditional offer of employment pending the outcome of a criminal background check.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-02-08:00
Job Posting Title:Housing Assistant
Worker Sub-Type:Seasonal/Intermittent (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.