| GENERAL DUTIESI.T. Computer Systems Managers manage and direct an Information Technology area at a College or University level. They set policies and procedures, direct technical staff, and maintain responsibility for administrative as well as technical issues within their assigned area(s) of responsibility. They may manage major and/or large, complex information systems activities and/or manage a unit or group.This job is in CUNY's Classified Managerial Service. The full specification is available on our web site at http://www.cuny.edu/about/administration/offices/ohrm/hros/classification/ccsjobs.htmlCONTRACT TITLEComputer Systems ManagerFLSAExemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONThe Baruch Computing and Technology Center (BCTC) is responsible for the College's technology environment, including data centers, systems, servers, websites, computer labs, classroom technology, desktop computers, software applications, multimedia services, telecommunications, and information security. The BCTC also supports the College's community outreach, distance learning, and global initiatives. BCTC is part of the College's Information Services Division, which also includes the Newman Library and the Office of Institutional Research and Program Assessment.The Computer Systems Manager reports to the Assistant Vice President and is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and managing enterprise data and web application services at Baruch College. This includes applications and systems that support administrative services, data analysis and business intelligence, program assessment, mobile applications, and College web sites. This position leads the day-to-day engagement of IT staff in the development of requirements for systems, as well as the design, implementation, testing, use and evaluation of the College's enterprise applications. This position works directly with Vice Presidents, Deans and Directors to develop strategies for the effective use of enterprise applications (CUNYfirst, Blackboard, Degreeworks, etc.) and the data from those systems to support business processes.Specific duties include:|
* Lead IT staff in ongoing CUNYfirst implementation efforts, both in maintaining data integrity and increasing use of CUNYfirst to automate and improve business processes. Serve as primary Application Security Liaison for the campus.
* Working in collaboration with the Office of Institutional Research, provide for enterprise data services supporting business processes and decision making throughout the College.
* Ensure that effective information security and data service testing/quality assurance practices are followed. Participate in IT and data governance activities at the College.
* Provide an effective and reliable infrastructure for web and data services and enterprise database development including server configuration, software selection, performance monitoring, and lifecycle management.
* Supervise development of custom programs, reports, and services when necessary to support administrative offices of the College. Determine when to develop code in-house, to modify existing solutions, or to procure tools to solve business needs.
* Work closely with other units of the College to document user needs, manage appropriate access for users, provide training and support for web and data services, and provide access management for data and web services.
* Supervise the evolution of the College's web publishing platform and work with the College Web Administrator to implement new services. Work to build a community of practice around the College's web presence. Work to develop mobile solutions for the Web as well as custom applications.
* Manage a staff of systems and database administrators, Web specialists, and programmer/analysts, both full- and part-time.
* Serve as part of the BCTC Management team with two other director-level employees; help the AVP/Deputy CIO manage and implement BCTC strategy for the department and the College.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS1. Six (6) years of progressively responsible full-time paid information systems technology experience, at least 18 months of which shall have been in an administrative or managerial capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, information systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration or a closely related area.2. Education at an accredited College or University may be substituted for the general information systems technology experience at the rate of one year of college for 6 months of experience up to a maximum of 4 years of college for 2 years of experience. In addition a Master's degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for an additional year of the general information systems technology experience. However, all candidates must possess the 18 months of administrative or managerial experience described above.This title has multiple levels. In addition to the minimum qualifications above, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.OTHER QUALIFICATIONSPreferred Qualifications:
* Experience with higher education administrative systems, especially PeopleSoft (Baruch uses CUNYfirst, a PeopleSoft implementation for all the CUNY schools)
* Experience managing systems for enterprise databases (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
* Ability to perform data analysis with tools including Excel, Access, or other software
* Experience supervising the administration of a college/university website, preferably running on WordPress or other enterprise content management system
* Experience using enterprise data to automate and orchestrate processes such as account management, security configurations, authorization services, etc.
* Experience with identity management systems
* Experience with supporting the use of enterprise data for institutional research and data-driven processes across campus
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to articulate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated experience creating, supporting, and maintain both Web and mobile applications in at least one programming language/development environmentCOMPENSATIONCommensurate with qualifications and experience.BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEApril 1, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* Director - Enterprise Systems and Services (IT Computer Systems Manager, Level 3 - Provisional)*Job ID:
* 16462*Full/Part Time: