The Certified Nursing Assistant at SSM Health St. Mary's Care Center has the primary responsibility to provide direct personal care to residents according to established care plan and in compliance with the state and federal regulations, under the supervision of the team nurse.
- Resident Personal Care: Provides quality care and services for residents in a dignified and respectful manner that meets individual resident care needs in accordance with the resident's plan of care. Provides care that helps to maintain the highest level of resident independence. Monitors and reports changes of condition. Completes required records to document resident care. Assists nurse with V.S., weights, and specimen collection.
- Preventative Skin Care: Provides care to prevent skin breakdown: utilizing specialty mattresses, foam boots, turning/repositioning schedules, toileting schedules, cushions in all wheelchairs. Promptly reports rashes, open areas, edema, blisters, skin tears, or bleeding to nurse.
- Fall Prevention: Responds promptly to alarms. Ensures that restraint alternatives are in place and are activated as indicated including: personal alarms, wheelchair belts, tumble mats, alarm mats, bolstered beds, hip protectors. Remains alert to fall risks for residents and reports concerns to nurse.
- End of Life Care: Ensures quality end of life care. Uses comfort basket to meet resident pain/restlessness to nurse. Demonstrates compliance with post-mortem care procedures. Participates in departure ceremony.
- Safety: Complies with safety policies/procedures to ensure safe practices for residents, staff, self and others. Maintains compliance with: gait belt use for all manually assisted transfers, locomotion/transfer/lifting devices, resident positioning, and always uses mechanical lift to lift resident from floor. Uses good body mechanics while on duty. Identifies wandering residents and responds to door alarms. Reports safety incidents, concerns, or hazards to supervisor or other responsible parties as indicated.
- Infection Control: Complies with infection control standards during tour of duty including hand hygiene, appropriate use of personal protective equipment, and isolation precautions. Understands to use handwashing with soap and water when dealing with gastrointestinal illnesses. Helps to maintain residents in isolation when indicated. Participates in mandatory vaccination programs. Does not work when contagious.
- Customer Service: Completes white boards within first hour of duty on AM/PM shift. Answers call lights as soon as possible (goal is within 5 - 10 min.) to meet resident needs in a timely manner. Avoids 'toxic' phrases while on duty. Takes action to correct customer service issue immediately. Understands how to use 'Fix It Now' and uses when indicated. Supports facility's zero tolerance for abuse.
- Documentation: Completes all assigned documentation requirements including guidelines for resident ADL care, BM outputs, meal intakes, restorative care, behaviors, and other. Keeps access codes for computer confidential at all times. Does not share access codes with others and does not use other's access codes.
- Privacy/Confidentiality: Maintains privacy and confidentiality for residents at all times including resident information in any format: paper, electronic, video, photographic, and conversation.
- Care of Unit: Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of resident rooms. Provides bed making, ensures call lights within reach, tumble mats, personal alarms and other safety devices are in place as indicated. Completes assigned duties.
- Equipment Competency: Uses equipment according to standards of care and policy/procedure. Reports repair needs.
- CNA certification required. Current on Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry
- Previous health care experience, especially in a geriatric setting, is preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Sufficient education to demonstrate functional literacy
Our 102-bed St. Clare Meadows Care Center is a long-term carefacility which offers 24-hour nursing, exercise therapy and inpatient as wellas outpatient rehabilitation services. Nearby, Meadow Ridge Senior Living is a20-bed assisted living facility also offering 24-hour care. In addition, forthose seniors who benefit from comprehensive memory care, Meadow View MemoryCare offers memory support living options and 24-hour care in partnership withthe Alzheimer's and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin. St. Clare Meadows CareCenter is part of SSM Health and affiliated with St. Clare Hospital.