University of Missouri Health Care Ellis Fischel Cancer Center in Columbia, Missouri has an immediate opening for a Board Certified clinical medical physicist in Radiation Oncology. This new position joins two senior medical physicists in providing all aspects of clinical support for three state of the art linear accelerators, one of which is located at an off-site affiliate. This new position will also have primary responsibility in establishing a new HDR clinical service. Ellis Fischel provides a full complement of procedures for IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SRS Framed, SRS Frameless, SBRT, TSET, LDR brachytherapy, and is planning to add HDR in the near future
Modality: Clinical Radiation Therapy Physics
Shares responsibility for calibration and quality assurance of all functions of radiation therapy treatment equipment and devices, including external beam, brachytherapy, and treatment planning systems. Provides oversight and quality assurance of therapy treatment planning and delivery procedures. Works on improving existing procedures, and development and implementation of new procedures.
- Develops, understands, and applies departmental policies and procedures that comply with state and federal regulations in order to provide accurate and safe performance of radiation therapy treatments
- Performs acceptance, commissioning, and ongoing comprehensive quality assurance.
- Works with Clinical Engineering, IT, Campus Radiation Safety and other parties as necessary.
- May evaluate and specify radiation room shielding requirements and radiation risks to patients and staff.
- Maintains professional certification and obtains CEU’s as necessary.
- Will travel offsite to other facilities to test equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Medical Physics or equivalent from an accredited college or university is required.
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) or American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP) in Radiologic and/or Therapeutic Physics is required.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer