Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, web design, science, science writing, journalism, or related field required.
- 2 or more years of professional experience.
- Experience in online communications, planning, managing, and developing website content and web projects, as well as writing and editing content for the web.
- Exposure to web content management systems and analytics required.
- Experience in managing an organizational social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Familiarity with associations and/or science organizations a strong plus.
- Possess knowledge of several new and traditional media and know how to implement strategy for different purposes.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage several projects at once.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and quality control.
- Experience executing multi-faceted communications campaigns, editing and writing, and adhering to style guides and web usability guidelines.
- Ability to manage and analyze data, and proven judgment in distributing content.
- Creativity to communicate in different ways, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to form and maintain relationships through communication and networking a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment while remaining responsible and accountable for results.
- Fluency in social media platforms and strategies.
If this is you and you are eager to make meaningful contributions to a highly relevant and important mission, please submit a cover letter with your salary requirements and a copy of your resume for consideration. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Our generous benefits package includes: medical, dental, disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts, two retirement plans with employer matching and nonmatching contributions; 12 days of paid vacation, 12 days of paid sick leave, with additional personal leave and 10 paid holidays; gym membership reimbursement; and tuition reimbursement.
The Society for Neuroscience is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law and we welcome Veteran applicants.