The University of Northern Colorado Libraries seeks a collaborative and enthusiastic individual for the position of Archives and Special Collections Librarian /Assistant Professor of University Libraries. This is a contract-renewable faculty position with an expectation of scholarly activity and service. The Archives and Special Collections Librarian reports to the Head of Archival Services.
The Archives and Special Collections Librarian will participate in all aspects of archival work in an academic archival repository, but will focus on coordinating efforts to improve the accessibility of collections through accessioning, arrangement and description.
- Working closely with the Head of Archival Services to determine priorities, procedures and plans for collection processing, including accessioning, arranging and describing diverse collections
- Ensuring intellectual and physical control of archival collections through selection, accessioning, arrangement and description using professional standards, best practices and software tools
- Training departmental staff on collection processing procedures
- Conducting appraisal and reappraisal surveys of collections
- Promoting the use and understanding of the archival collections to a broad audience, including both the campus community and the general public
- Providing reference services relating to the Archival Services collections
- Identifying and addressing preservation issues for analog and digital materials
- Working closely with Libraries faculty and departments to select, process and promote access to the digital collection of archival materials
Additional information about the University Libraries and the Archival Services Department may be found at: http://library.unco.edu and http://www.unco.edu/library/archives/
Screening of applications will begin March 27, 2017. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applicants must complete an online application form and attach a letter of application, highlighting suitability for the position, and curriculum vitae, including names of three references with their mail and email addresses and telephone numbers.
Minimum salary: $52,000
Preferred start date: July 1, 2017 (negotiable)
For questions contact Gregory Heald, Associate Dean of University Libraries, Gregory.firstname.lastname@example.org