| JOB SUMMARY |
The Accounts Payable Supervisor supervises the Accounts Payable and Validations departments to ensure proper payment of all expenditures and winners’ claims incurred by the Corporation. Manages all tax filing requirements, ensuring deadlines are met. Maintains processes for all Accounts Payable and Validations related functions. Continually evaluates and updates policies as necessary to achieve efficient Accounts Payable and Validations processing while maintaining appropriate internal controls.
• Supervises and assists Accounts Payable staff and maintains all accounting records for the A/P function. Verifies/determines general ledger distribution accounts and pays approved expenditures requested by check requests, expense reports, and purchase orders. Verifies and pays vendor invoices that are substantiated by receiving records or by other certification as necessary. Verifies/obtains proper approval for all expenditures. Analyzes and resolves problems or discrepancies with vendor payments. Issues checks weekly through the A/P system or manually upon request and necessity. Posts all system generated documents to ensure that all general ledger accounts are updated. Maintains vendor invoices, voucher records, and other data as required to support and verify payments. Issues cash advances and petty cash advances and balance the General Ledger accounts accordingly. Performs all monthly A/P reconciliations. Balances the A/P cash account monthly to the disbursement log. Prepares all appropriate journal entries to document activities and forward to the General Accounting department for review and input. Prepares monthly register of accruals of outstanding purchasing invoices. Maintains and balances the corporate petty cash account and forward the reconciliation and remaining cash monthly to General Accounting for review and approval of petty cash reimbursement.
• Supervises and assists Validations staff and maintains all accounting records for the Validations function. Verifies/validates all presented tickets for payment at the corporate office. Ensures that all related claims documentation is complete and accurate. Processes payment in a timely and professional manner. Verifies/validates all presented tickets for payment through the mail. Verifies/validates all Cashing Agent claims processed via the telephone or the web. Reports policy violations to Retail Accounting and appropriate Sales personnel. Submits Cashing Agent reimbursement report to General Accounting. Balances all processed claims paid at the corporate office. Verifies all hard copy claim information received from Cashing Agents to claim system input. Reviews balancing information submitted by Regional Claim Offices. Assists regional offices when needed.
• Pays all appropriate taxes to Federal and State government for all winner claims in the regulated time frame. Maintains and files all appropriate tax reports and forms. Maintains vendor and retailer records for tax reporting of 1099’s. Maintains winner records for tax reporting of W2G and 1042. Balances and transmits tax records to the IRS and Kentucky Revenue Cabinet. Prepares and submits the corporate winners withholding tax returns to the IRS and Kentucky Revenue Cabinet.
• Maintains Jackpot Winners files and issue payment of annual or quarterly installments. Coordinates with the Legal Department all records for assignments and maintain records of such.
• Maintains vendor Address Book system information for use in A/P processing and purchasing reporting.
• Researches and supplies any open records request information to the Legal Department upon request.
• Maintains and issues payments to Kentucky Revenue Commission, Kentucky Child Support Division, and Kentucky Student Loans for debt set off collected through the claims process.
• Develops and updates A/P and validation policies and procedures, including business continuity action plans and processes.
• Assists in design, testing and implementation of all software enhancements or upgrades relating to the A/P and Claims Systems.
• Supplies all documents and information requested by Audit/Auditors related to A/P and Validations.
• Generates bills to vendors for expenses incurred by KLC personnel which are reimbursable to the Corporation. Maintains files on all payments received and forward payment to General Accounting for deposit to the General Fund.
• Maintains cross-training in critical functions.