Are you a senior learning specialist with rich experience defining training needs, developing courses, and managing instructional design projects? Are you an expert in learning technologies? Do you have experience coaching and supervising an instructional design team?
As a senior learning specialist and member of our dynamic and professional learning team, you can apply your skills to develop and guide programs and courses that build the skills of our WorkSafeBC team ? and in doing so contribute to our goals of promoting occupational health and safety and supporting people injured at work.
What you’ll do
- Assess training needs by consulting with internal stakeholders, subject matter experts, and our learning and development team to ensure accuracy and relevance of content
- Lead the design, development, and management of workplace training and performance support products and services, ensuring they meet specific learning needs and fulfill organizational goals and requirements
- Design and coordinate the development of e-learning products and services, including web-based courses, online tests, surveys, job aids, desktop tutors, and performance support tools
- Plan and manage all activities for training and performance support projects and deliver projects on time and on budget. This includes authoring proposals, business cases, and project charters, and conducting cost benefit analysis
- Oversee the daily work activities of an instructional design team including monitoring progress, setting priorities, and providing direction
- Ensure quality of products, consistency, and that standards for designing, developing, delivering, and maintaining training materials are followed
- Establish best practices and quality standards
- Research and provide recommendations regarding corporate education technology requirements and play a key role in evaluating and selecting learning technology
- Monitor and report on trends in emergent learning technology
- Coordinate the installation, use, and maintenance of all learning technologies and electronic support tools
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Use a variety of analysis methods (such as needs assessment, gap analysis, job task analysis, and content analysis) to analyze and validate needs and requirements
- Design and develop engaging and innovative traditional and e-learning courses that meet the needs of the business
- Lead projects, supervise project teams, develop and train team members, develop project communication and feedback systems, establish best practices and quality standards for projects, and develop and implement standardized work process, procedures, tools, and templates to ensure the success of the project team and consistency of products and services
- Develop detailed project budgets, schedules, and resource lists, utilizing project management software to assign work, coordinate and monitor workflow, and track project performance
- Supervise, coach, and provide quality assurance for an instructional design team
- Ensure all products and services comply with training industry standards, human performance technology standards, learning technology protocols and requirements, ethical and legal regulations, organizational policies, practices and guidelines, and formalized technical writing and editing standards and conventions
- Multi-task and prioritize while working on multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines
- Cope with pressure and adapt well to a changing environment
- Work independently with a high level of accountability
- Effectively manage conflict and develop long-term relationships
Your experience and educational background:
- A master’s degree in one of the following:
- adult education
- instructional systems design
- educational technology
- human performance technology
- leadership and training
- A minimum of six years of directly related experience in the development of job-specific adult education programs using advanced instructional design and learning technologies. This experience must consist of the following:
- at least four years instructional design
- at least one year learning technologies
- at least one year instructional design project management
A combination of education and experience will be considered.
To see if your resume meets the requirements for this position, please review our resume screening guidelines.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the almost 2.3 million workers and 210,000 employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary of $72,355 to $91,321, your total compensation package may include vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Visit www.worksafebc.com and select Careers to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.