About the Job:
This role manages a significant portfolio of major gift donors which includes individual, corporate, institutional &/or foundation prospects. The Senior Associate Director identifies, researches and forms a plan of solicitation of donors that includes coordinating with other development staff to align prospect passion, financial capacity, giving vehicle and/or identify stewardship opportunities for major donors.
Please Note: Occasional weekends as necessary. Some travel may be required.
- Plans, develops & implements overall solicitation strategy for assigned prospect pool.
- Involves high level of collaboration with both internal department and broader University partners to identify common goals & develop & execute strategies to increase integration.
- Meet regularly with colleagues across campus to coordinate and execute strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with faculty and administrators and staff volunteers associated with portfolios programs.
- Participate in the development of department objectives and strategies and develop tactics to meet individual and group goals.
Prospects & Gifts
- Identifies, researches, cultivates and personally solicits major gifts by managing a portfolio of prospects with capacity to make gifts of $100,000 and more.
- Develop strategies designed to realize the current and life-time giving potential of individual prospects.
- Advance individual relationships that result in philanthropic contributions.
- Manage a geographical territory of prospects and donors.
- Ensure consistent and appropriate contact, facilitate or make solicitations, and ensure effective stewardship.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the priorities of Kellogg and make a persuasive verbal and written case for supporting key programs and projects, effectively matching the interests of prospects to specific needs.
- Partners with other areas of development, specifically Annual & Planned Giving to coordinate contacts.
- Researches & develops prospects including up-to-date knowledge on assigned groups & works with other areas of development to coordinate contacts.
- Requires travel throughout the region or country.
- Writes correspondence and proposals to prospective donors.
- Prepares contact reports on meetings and interactions with alumni.
- Updates and maintains prospect management information in the donor database.
- Tracks and manages the prospective donor pool to develop reports and monitor program results.
Perform other related duties as required or assigned.