Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Reporting to: Digital Fundraising Manager (P4)
Annual salary: This is a P2 post on the UN Salary scales (see below for more details)
Reference number: 66187
Purpose of Role
This post sits in the Digital Team, which is itself part of Fundraising Services, based in Geneva, this team is at the heart of the effort to ensure every child has a fair chance at life. If you been working in digital marketing or fundraising for at least two years, ideally in an international environment, we have an exciting opportunity for an energetic expert who understands how to devise and implement a full spectrum of digital marketing – from lead generation to optimizing conversion. You will be working across a matrix organization, collaborating with colleagues around the world to ensure UNICEF maximizes our digital income for children.
If you would like to work at the helm of one of the most ambitious digital fundraising organizations in the world, please do apply. Bring your extensive digital experience to us, and be part of the team that takes Private Sector Fundraising to the next level in UNICEF. Do so knowing the life changing impact that your work will have for millions of children across the world.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Increase UNICEF International’s web income through donor acquisition:
- Deploy an online acquisition strategy to drive donations via supportunicef.org including the coordination of email marketing and other online marketing activities such as display, social networking and search engine marketing.
- Promote key seasonal fundraising promotions, and global projects and campaigns (Good will ambassadors and corporate partners).
- Devise and deploy digital fundraising activities to leverage emergency fundraising opportunities.
Increase UNICEF International’s web income through donor retention:
- Cultivate and steward the international pool of online donors by providing regular feedback, donor friendly stories and a structured email-marketing program to nurture pledge and one-off donors.
- Ensure that visitors to supportunicef.org receive engaging experiences through rich content and stories that prompt them to donate.
Maintain and develop the supportunicef.org platform:
- Oversee the development and day-to-day maintenance of the supportunicef.org platform.
- Ensure the secure data transfer of leads to National Committees and country offices where appropriate.
- Analytics and tracking - ensure this is implemented in a robust way (especially e-commerce conversion tracking) for reporting and testing purposes.
- Work with external vendors in support of the above objectives.
- Assist National Committees and country offices in acquiring specific digital knowledge or providing technical support on implementation of digital fundraising campaigns.
- Regularly collect and promote new ideas and best practices to the UNICEF network.
- Work closely with Division of Communications to ensure an optimized experience for visitors from unicef.org to the supportunicef.org platform.
Other duties as required.