| Prospects for new customers via phone, interactively and in-person within relevant industries to present and close on commercial pest control services and products. Creates new business at the local and regional levels, and follows up with customers after the sale to ensure satisfaction, increase existing business and obtain referrals. Collaborates with internal departments to deliver solutions and provide quality service to new and existing customers. |
1. Prospects for new customers via phone interactively through tip groups, networking, cross-selling and referrals, and by canvassing for large potential customers in industries such as food grade, food processing, distribution/logistics, healthcare, manufacturing, and companies with multiple physical locations.
2. Presents commercial pest control services and products to potential customers through in-person presentations and electronic communications.
3. Creates new business at the local and regional and national levels through creative calls, leads, prospecting, networking, cross-selling and referrals.
4. Follows up with customers after the sale to ensure satisfaction of service and products and to obtain referrals for new business.
5. Collaborates with the National Accounts department to deliver solutions to multi-unit locations assigned as contract leads.
6. Works with Branch Managers, Sales Managers, Service Managers, Region Managers and service professionals to ensure quality service delivery to new and existing customers; assists in resolving customer issues.
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Two or more years experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales; proven sales history with increasing sales amounts year after year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated knowledge of selling techniques (prospecting, overcoming objections, presentation skills, gaining commitment, negotiation)
Skill in taking independent action and being a self-starter
Skill in written and verbal communication
Ability to build customer relationships and provide appropriate levels of customer service
Business acumen and the ability to calculate numbers and amounts
Skill with Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
Skill in adapting to new company software and using the internet to research target industries and specific businesses
Ability to travel locally on an extensive basis
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability