| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Pharmacy Department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
This Specialty Pharmacy Patient Advocate will be responsible for:
- Serving as a liaison between healthcare provider, health insurance company, community resources and the patient/family.
- Assisting patients and families to navigate complex healthcare systems to access prescribed specialty medications.
- Receiving and resolving medication related patient and insurance inquiries via telephone contacts and/or face to face correspondence.
- Researching all inquiries to resolution in collaboration with the multidisciplinary healthcare team and communicates response on findings.
- Supporting patient education and medication compliance activities to help ensure optimal adherence to medication protocols.
- Providing assistance in the areas of medication adherence check-ups, medication refills, assisting patients and families with insurance claims and facilitating patient access to available financial assistance programs.
- Filling and delivering patient medication orders under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Providing training to new employees and assisting in planning daily workflow to meet established priorities and production requirements.
To qualify, you must have:
- A High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of Pharmacy Technician experience required, preferably in the pediatric hospital setting and preferably 2 years of Pharmacy Technician experience in the hospital Infusion Center setting.
- The analytical skills to gather and interpret data; the ability to understand and respond to written or verbal instructions, and to respond appropriately to instructions, questions or requests for information.
- The ability to exchange information on factual matters, explain hospital policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to use courtesy and tact, and to provide empathy to patients in difficult interpersonal situations.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Patient Services-Pharmacy
Standard Hours Per Week: 40