The Multimedia Technician helps clients excel in the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning. The Technician will improve service and productivity by supporting current and emerging classroom learning technologies that include audio and video, support classroom and studio recording, and. assist with post-production of recorded classes and events. Reporting to the Instructional Technology Supervisor, the Multimedia Technician supports live synchronous sessions in the Media Studios in Baltimore-Harbor East and Carey's DC campus. S/he interacts with students, faculty, and staff to assist with audio/visual, classroom, presentation, web conferencing and lecture capture technology needs.
This role must be proficient in operation of an on-campus Media Studio and development of asynchronous training materials (print, web and video). This position requires someone who is detail-oriented, learns quickly, and can handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have an interest in video production, motion graphics and storytelling. You will excel at the responsibilities listed below if you are self-driven to dive into media production, comfortable balancing different priorities, and open to new challenges. We are looking for a creative, dynamic thinker with strong, writing and editing skills. An aptitude for visual communication and graphic design a plus.
Note: This position requires regular evenings and weekends to accommodate program needs in Harbor East, Baltimore and occasionally at the Washington, D.C. (Dupont Circle) campus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Media Studio- Delivery Support
- Provides technical support for online course delivery in both synchronous and asynchronous learning environments.
- Sets up web and video conferences (Zoom, Adobe Connect, etc.).
- Helps with video production. Help set up cameras, microphones, and lights. Help out in the multimedia studio (setup camera, screen capture, and monitor recordings).
- Helps with new room installations and equipment installation.
- Accurately edits audio and/or video from script, development of both text-based and animated content.
- Ensures visual elements and quality standards are maintained across the entire video production process.
- Retouching videos, including color correction, graphics/animations, and timing music/sound to copy.
- Shoot video and record audio in-studio and on the field.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts of video content
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult and collaborate with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry's best practices to maximize efficiency.
Course Development Support
- Collaborates with team members and faculty to develop technology enriched course materials using new and emerging instructional technologies, digital media, web based technologies, etc.
- Reviews 3rd party video production for quality and consistency on Wipster platform.
- Assists faculty in developing reusable learning objects (Videos, lecture capture etc.) and integrating them into their courses.
Learning Technology Promotion and Training
- Designs, develops and delivers training to introduce faculty, TAs, and students to the emerging multimedia technologies and their effective application in teaching and learning.
- Develops acsychronous training materials around using video and multimedia objects.
- Assist in maintaining and annually updating the Carey Instructional Technology social media guidelines.
- Create, develop, edit and implement new content for multimedia projects and ensure the continued growth, efficacy, accuracy, and timeliness of T&L@C's web-based communications. Apply knowledge of best practices in usability and accessibility to create strong web pages with clear messaging.
- Keeps abreast of developments of related instructional technologies.
- Researches and disseminate educational technology resources and best practices in technology enhanced teaching and learning.