| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The mission of the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO) is to promote precision oncology through genomic analysis to guide the diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients. The CMO brings together clinicians and scientists throughout MSKCC to conduct large-scale translational research involving molecular characterization of patient tumors.
Program/Fund Associate - Center for Molecular Oncology
Under the direction of Business Manager, manages assigned programs and projects for the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO). Functions include management of internal grant competitions, internal and external grant submissions, annual retreats, and weekly admin meetings. Responsible for the management of operating and departmental funds (i.e., grants, philanthropy, R&D) related to the CMO. Functions include the development of budgets, databases and regular reports to senior leadership. Responsible for planning and execution of special projects related to the centers. May work directly with leadership and management throughout MSKCC on projects to address operational issues.
- Bachelor's with 1 year of relevant experience in project coordination, finance management, or grants management.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Word) and project tools.
- Ability to work with a variety of staff, including senior leaders, and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of internal finance management systems preferred
- Masters preferred, with major in Business Admin, Healthcare Admin, or Public Health. Familiarity with healthcare industry, financial management, or research fund management preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.