| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Rheumatology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Manage and coordinate the Rheumatology Fellowship Program. Provide administrative support to the Rheumatology division director as well as organize and assist with division activities. Also provides administrative support to the Pediatric Department Vice-Chairman of Clinical Affairs and Strategic Planning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education Coordinator for Rheumatology Fellowship Program
- Manage fellow recruitment, process application materials, and maintain applicant files, as well as working with the Electronic Residency Application Service and National Resident Matching Program systems.
- Plan and coordinate candidate itineraries, including scheduling of interviews, lunches, lodging, and manage related expenses
- Prepare and route offer letters
- Coordinate new fellow orientation (including updating binders, as well as work with Shriner’s Hospital for credentialing purposes)
- Coordinate and schedule Scholarship Oversight Committees per the American Board of Pediatrics guidelines
- Organize and participate in the Program Committee Meeting and the Clinical Competency Committee Meeting required by the American Board of Pediatrics, as well as attend the Graduate Medical Education Committee meetings
- Initiate and track faculty and fellow evaluations, program evaluations, duty hour assessments, and other periodic evaluations as required by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Prepare correspondence for licensing, society memberships, board applications, etc.
- Correspond with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Graduate Medical Education, and the American Board of Pediatrics as needed to ensure and maintain compliance with accreditation
- Maintain databases required for fellowship/residency programs (Web Accreditation Data System , Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database Access System, and New Innovations)
- Coordinate SITE visits with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education for accreditation, as well as internal site visits with the university Graduate Medical Education office
- Plan and implement completion-of-fellowship activities, including certificates
- Assistant to Division Director
- Maintain calendar for division director including conferences, lectures, group meetings, appointments, and clinical attending schedules
- Maintain travel files and make travel arrangements for director.
- Type and maintain files of correspondence, memos, and itineraries for division director.
- Prepare and update curriculum vitaes and bio-sketches for division faculty and fellows.
- Schedule and organize the division retreat, conferences, and seminars and other division activities.
- Coordinate faculty applicant interviews (including travel, hotel, itinerary, dinners, etc).
- Prepare offer letters for faculty.
- Assist in preparation of annual report for division.
- Maintain files on all faculty
- Obtain rotating students evals from faculty and enter them into the ESS system
- Prepare and update attending schedules. Notify clinical office staff of all changes as they occur
- Assist PI with calendar
Vice-Chair of Clinical Affairs and Strategic Planning support
- Prepare materials for conferences, lectures, group meetings, and appointments.
- Maintain travel files and make travel arrangements for Vice-Chair.
- Type and maintain files of correspondence, memos, and itineraries.
- Prepare and update curriculum vitae and bio-sketch.
- Assist with preparation of manuscripts and grant proposals.
- Maintain Vice-Chair calendar including scheduling of meetings.
Equivalent of Associate’s degree with 2-4 years experience in administrative support. Experience in university/medical environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, be organized self-motivated, resourceful and have the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Have good written and oral communications, knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to type 60wpm and to use normal office equipment e.g. dictaphone, typewriter, fax, PC, word processing, software, etc.
The hiring range for this position is $18.08 - $23.06 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G08.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.