Brownâ??s Department of Athletics is seeking applicants for a Menâ??s Club Sport Rugby Volunteer Coach for its Division I non-scholarship program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the head and assistant coaches in daily operations; assisting in all aspects of coaching in practices and games; assisting in overall program planning and organization; assisting with video analysis and other duties assigned by the head coach.
All department coaches and staff are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- 1-3 years of rugby playing experience
- 1-3 years of rugby coaching experience preferred; preferably at the collegiate level, club level or higher
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Self-starter and ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to provide skill instruction and leadership
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-01-08:00
Job Posting Title:Volunteer Men's Club Rugby Coach
Department:Athletics & Physical Education
Worker Type:Contingent Worker
Worker Sub-Type:Unpaid Affiliate
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.