The Director of Program Outreach and Development leads the Pembroke Centerâ??s fundraising and strategic outreach programs to build relationships with national and international partners to enhance both the Pembroke Centerâ??s and Brownâ??s research programs and increase donor support. By steering the Centerâ??s strategic communications and institutional engagement efforts, the Director ensures that Center programs, priorities, and goals are communicated effectively through the Centerâ??s print publications, its website, email communications, and other channels. By developing and leading the Pembroke Centerâ??s fund development programs, the position is responsible for raising over $150,000 in annual membership contributions and successfully achieving endowment fundraising goals such as the 2014-16 Pembroke Archives campaign, which secured over $3.5 million in endowment funds for the Pembroke Center Archives. This position collaborates closely with the Center Director on matters related to fundraising, the budget, research initiative policies, communications, program planning, and human resources. It works closely with the Center Director to expand the constituency of the Centerâ??s research programs including research centers external to Brown and leading archives for scholarly research; senior university administrators; faculty; alumni leadership volunteers; and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- At least seven to ten years of relevant work experience, with experience in development and alumni relations. Proven ability to solicit gifts and work with major donors essential.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of constituencies at Brown, including corporation members, the President, senior administrators, and faculty. Able to represent the Pembroke Center nationally and internationally and interface with leadership at other institutions.
- Discretion in handling donor data; ability to maintain confidentiality regarding financial information.
- Accomplished and strategic communicator with excellent writing, public speaking, fundraising, presentation, and planning skills. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
- High level of computer literacy and information management skills.
- Management experience and demonstrated leadership capacity.
Background check: Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-22-08:00
Job Posting Title:Director of Program Outreach and Development
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.