NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Laboratory Information Systems Developer.
This position is responsible for maintaining and extending our laboratory management systems. This position reports to the Translational Research Solutions Manager. Primary responsibilities will be to design and develop web based enhancements to research systems, to coordinate with the rest of the team to work on the application infrastructure. All candidates must be committed to collaborative problem solving and product quality. Projects include, but not limited, to configuration and customization of LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), Electronic Laboratory Notebook, biobanking data migration and onboarding, and core labs.
- Work closely with business partners and lead LIMS team in project lifecycle, e.g. planning, build, testing, and execution.
- Translate requirement documents to functional applications and system features.
- Design, build and maintain preformat, reusable and reliable Java code.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems.
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation of system.
- Work with product vendors to enhance and extend applications to meet the organizations needs and business goals.
- Bachelor's Degree and three years of related experience.
- Familiar with web based programming paradigms.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming.
- Familiar with various design and architecture patterns.
- Basic understanding of JVM, its limitations, weaknesses, and workarounds.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient in database technologies, e.g. SQL, especially Oracle.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- An understanding of Groovy.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Gradle.
- Knowledge of LIMS systems a plus. (caTissue, Labvantage, GenoLogics)
- Experience with bio-repositories and clinical annotation a plus.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.