NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Epic Professional Billing (PB) Analyst .
This position is responsible for in-depth knowledge of assigned Epic System software. This position conducts regular day-to-day communication, reviews software, demonstrates a deeper understanding of business operations, and works with Epic, the Project Team(s), NYULMC Business Representatives/Subject Matter Experts, and end users to tailor the system to fit the organizations needs. This position routinely performs in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of Epic software; is responsible for developing and documenting the internal procedures that will be used in conjunction with Epic applications; and will design, build, test, install and maintain those solutions. This position is expected to use critical thinking skills in providing systems solutions to meet business needs.
- Work with Application Managers/Directors/etc. and the entire Project Team, to collect, analyze and document business operations and workflow.
- Complete all tasks in a timely manner with accurate documentation.
- Collaborate effectively with Epic using Sherlock or other appropriate tools.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and across teams to achieve the completion of tasks.
- Troubleshoot problems and address questions from users, and provide on-call support on a rotating basis.
- Make recommendations, review and test changes, enhancements, and each new release as assigned.
- Ensure the test scripts have been created, reviewed, and updated to reflect proposed workflow solutions.
- Analyze data conversion needs.
- Support the training team by keeping trainers abreast of new functionality and system changes.
- Communicate effectively across all impacted teams associated with task assignments.
- Analyze new functionality in new releases to identify impact.
- Demonstrates an understanding of interface requirements and testing.
- Provide assigned on-site support during go-lives and system upgrades.
- Ensures all quality assurance processes are followed, including change management and testing efforts.
- Actively participate and contribute in meetings, including supporting meeting facilitation.
- Participate in disaster recovery measures.
- Must have a BA/BS Degree and 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Effective oral, written communication and follow-up skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong desktop tool usage including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solver.
- Must maintain certification in at least 1 Epic application.
- Minimal implementation and/or support experience desired.
- Healthcare experience desirable but not required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.