NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Residency Program Coordinator.
In this role, the successful candidate will provide support for Education Programs on major education initiatives such as the residency program, clerkship program, fellowship programs and conferences/ presentations within the Department of Surgery, reporting to the Administrator. This position will supervise an education assistant within the Department.
- Maintain monthly conference calendar.
- Prepare for the weekly M&M conference including maintaining the M&M Authoring tool, making sure there are enough cases, sending out the protocol and supporting the conference on Thursday mornings.
- Attend monthly program coordinators meeting with the House Staff office personnel.
- Assist with additional education issues that arise, as determined in partnership with the Administrator.
- Prepare for IPRO and/or RRC visits when required.
- Plan and coordinate orientation seminars for interns.
- Prepare rank list in conjunction with Program Director and Administrator.
- Coordinate resident recruitment season and match process in partnership with the Administrator.
- Prepare the work-hour reports for Bellevue and Tisch.
- Manage the resident book fund.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ABSITE yearly.
- Assist Program Director with all aspects on residency.
- Oversee and implement payroll and benefits for all residents once a year.
- Oversee credentialing process for all residents including reappointments.
- Create and distribute resident evaluation portfolio incorporating resident, student and faculty evaluations.
- Develop annual block schedule and monthly rotation block schedule working closely with the Program Director and the House Staff Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To qualify you must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Administration or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience working in graduate medical education.
- Excellent communication skills are essential to interface effectively with diverse internal and external professional groups.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.