| POSITION DETAILSMedgar Evers College, The City University of New York (Medgar Evers) believes that education has the power to positively transform the lives of individuals, and that education is the right of all. A dynamic and vibrant institution, its mission is to provide higher education for the underserved populations of Central Brooklyn through high-quality, professional and career-oriented undergraduate degree programs. A four-year liberal arts college, Medgar Evers is a beacon of educational opportunity, culture, and success to the New York City community and beyond. The College is dedicated to making a positive impact on the surrounding community and pioneering initiatives that will create success for even the youngest learners in Central Brooklyn.Reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, the Student Career Program Director will lead, implement, and manage a comprehensive career services program for Medgar Evers College. The Director will formulate the plan to address the immediate and long-term career development needs related to career services. The successful candidate will provide strategic and creative direction to the Career Center's programs and events, including opportunities for career exploration and education, career decision-making including individual assessments and interpretations, career advising and planning, the development of job search skills and strategies workshops, and connection to internship and employment opportunities.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:|
* Developing and implementing a comprehensive career services program for students and alumni, which will facilitate successful completion of career and educational goals and objectives.
* Overseeing day-to-day operations of the Center, including supervision of the professional and administrative staff.
* Reviewing outcomes assessment information to analyze the effectiveness of the Career Center's programs and processes, and make adjustments.
* Developing and implementing the Cooperative Work Experience (CWE) Program, including faculty and employer collaboration, enrollment, career instruction, student assessment and program assessment.
* Developing and implementing an Outcome-Based Assessment Plan to improve student program success, including retention, graduation, employment, and transition to graduate school.
* Building rapport and collaborations with multiple constituencies, including faculty, staff of other academic offices, and employers in order to serve the career planning needs of a diverse student population.
* Working collaboratively with the The Male Development & Empowerment Center, and the Women's Center to develop and implement the resources to provide Career Employment services for students.
* Facilitating continuous improvement of services and resources to ensure the Center remains responsive to student career development needs relative to employment trends, emerging job markets, and changes in education that impact employers, students, and alumni.
* Enhancing the Center for Career Development's brand, visibility, and value to internal and external constituents.
* Developing corporate/employer relations strategies that expand employer involvement with the college, provides students with access to professionals, and increases the recruitment of students.
* Utilizing technology and social media to expand the current and evolving resources and services available for students, staff, and employers.
* Preparing and submitting department, College, and University reports.
* Managing program budgets and expenditures.Work schedule may include some evenings and weekends.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
* Master's degree in a related field preferred.
* Outstanding communication, presentation and public relations skills, and the capacity to convey the distinctive value of the college, our students, and academic and career services programs to multiple stakeholders in a dynamic and compelling manner.
* Experience in a higher education setting preferred and possess an understanding of the cultural,social, and educational needs of a multi-ethnic campus community
* Ability to establish relationships with internal and external constituents and the ability to adapt to the evolving needs of employers, students and alumni.
* Proficiency in career related software and utilization of current technologies, social media and Microsoft Office.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWDirects the career services function for a College or Unit.
* Establishes goals, objectives, and plans for providing career services; assesses and reports outcomes to management and the overall College community
* Directs overall operations of physical and virtual career centers, including staff, facilities, and technologies
* Plans and implements marketing strategies for identifying and cultivating a diverse group of potential employers
* Plans, promotes, and markets services and information to students, including information resources, career counseling, informational programs, and assessment programs
* Hires, trains, and manages full- and part-time staff as well as student interns
* Collaborates with other academic and administrative units to promote the goals of the career office
* Performs related duties as assigned.CUNY TITLEHigher Education OfficerFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYTo apply, please log on to: www.cuny.edu. Click on "Employment" and scroll down to "Search for Jobs." Click on "Search Job Listings" and select job category "Managerial and Professional".JOB ID: 15499Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should click the appropriate link to register.Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume.CLOSING DATEOpen until filled. Review of resumes to begin March 21, 2017.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Medgar Evers College*Job Title:
* Student Career Program Director*Job ID:
* 15499*Full/Part Time: