Located in central Denver’s historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet® designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care, advanced robotic surgery and organ transplantation, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region’s most complex medical cases and surgery patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: The Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award (2014); top 50th orthopedic program ranking by U.S. News & World Report with high performing honors in eight specialties (2014); an “A” rating from the Leapfrog Group for Patient Safety (2014), as well as many others. The Porter tradition of blending science and spirit began more than 75 years ago by Denver businessman Henry Porter with his generous donation after he experienced care at a Seventh Day Adventist Facility in CA and sought to bring that same philosophy of care to Denver. If you are ready for a career where the work you do truly transcends the walls of a hospital, we invite you to learn more at: http://www.porterhospital.org/
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 98412
Recruiter Contact: Hannahwair@centura.org
Clinic/Department: 7374 PAH PULMONARY
Hospital: PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL
Schedule: Part Time
Perform respiratory procedures under physician direction in all patient areas. Responsible for patient assessments, care plans, plan implementation and evaluation and revision of therapy plan as needed. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure the most effective and efficient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Supports the organization vision and mission and practices performance improvement techniques to assure the delivery of the most effective patient care.
Minimum Education Requirements
- Associate or Bachelor's degree, preferred.
- Completion of an accredited Respiratory Therapy Education Program, i.e. CoARC, JRCRTE, or CAAHEP
- High school diploma or GED
Minimum Experience Requirements
- 1 year of respiratory therapy experience, preferred
- Prior use of electronic medical records (EMR), preferred
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Delivers respiratory care procedures to patients in general, acute, critical care and emergency areasaccording to departmental policies and procedures.*
- Performs therapeutic modalities including patient monitoring, medication delivery, ventilationmanagement, expansion therapy, and bronchial hygiene. *
- Performs diagnostic testing including ABG's, PFT's, EKG's, cardiac, bronchoscopy, and pulse oximetry. *
- Assists in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency care by providing airway maintenance andmanagement, cardiac support and other assistance as needed to expedite patient and physician needs. *
- Responds to patient needs in a timely, effective manner. *
- Provides patient and family education and teaching. *
- Transports patients within the hospital or between facilities. *
- Ability to provide on-call coverage outside of standard scheduled hours per department and/or facilitypolicy. *
- Develops care plan from thorough assessment via protocol criteria or directed physician order. *
- Documents all patient care activities including evaluations, progress notes and detailed treatment recordsper standards of practice, legal requirements and regulatory/third party payer requirements. *
- Documents ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes to correctly capture billingcharges. *
- Coordinates and communicates effectively to all patients, families, staff, physicians and other customersconcerning respiratory therapy services by direct verbal and/or written communication respectingconfidentiality at all times. *
- Technical and interpersonal problem solving. *
- Determines the proper function of all equipment used and make interventions as needed. *
- Anticipates, recognizes and assists others in identifying patient complications and reactions related torespiratory care. *
- Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meetingproductivity requirements. *
- Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, census and staffing through priority settingand flexibility. *
- Participates in personal, professional and program development by attending department in-services,meetings and by sharing professional expertise to enhance quality of professional services and staffdevelopment.*
- Assists in training respiratory therapy staff, students and other hospital personnel. *
- Acts as a resource for new staff members and co-workers by sharing information and providing education.*
- Current credential of CRT or RRT by N.B.R.C
- Current state Respiratory Therapist Licensure (RLT) in applicable state of employment.
- Current BLS certification from American Heart Association.
- Current ACLS certification form American Heart Association upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire (for locations in Kansas, ACLS is required within 1 year of hire/transfer date).
- Current PALS certification upon hire or obtain within 6 months of hire (Required for Avista, Castle Rock, Littleton, Parker, St. Anthony North Health Campus, St. Francis Medical Center, St. Mary Corwin, St. Thomas Moore, Porter, Mercy, Longmont)
☑ Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.