Ortho Colorado Hospital is this state’s only specialty orthopedic surgical hospital. Created by physicians in partnership with Centura Health, Ortho Colorado integrates state-of-the-art technology and award-winning care into a 48-bed facility designed around the seven essential elements of true healing: nature, color, light, environment, security, way-finding and culture. Located on the recently-built St. Anthony Medical Campus in Denver’s western suburb of Lakewood, Ortho Colorado is serviced by light rail transportation (for an easy commute) and surrounded by great dining, shopping, residential areas and easy access to nearby destinations like Red Rocks Amphitheatre, historic downtown Golden, and the beautiful town of Evergreen.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 92610
Recruiter Contact: HaileyMeseraull@Centura.Org
Clinic/Department: 7211 ORTHOCOLO SURGERY
Hospital: OrthoColorado Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Shift: Variable Days (10 hour shifts)
The Surgical Tech works under the supervision of the surgeon and RN. Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up of instruments, equipment and supplies for surgical cases and passing items to surgeons and nurses as needed. Assists in preparing and moving patients and sterilizing and cleaning instruments, equipment and rooms.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completion of an approved Surgical Technician program preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Basic Computer skills required
- One year of experience in a surgical setting preferred
- Experience in a specialty field preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
- Current Colorado Surgical Technologist Registration for associates working in Colorado
* A person performing Surgical Tech functions within the scope of another Colorado license, certification, or registration does not need to register as a Surgical Tech
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.