Belmont Village Senior Living - Albany
In Affiliation with University of California, Berkeley
Premier Upscale Senior Living Community in Albany, CA is seeking a high energy, self-motivated Executive Director to oversee the opening of our newest Belmont Village Senior Living community. Belmont Village Albany is the culmination of a collaboration with UC Berkeley Retirement Center and the City of Albany to provide a unique housing experience for older adults in the Bay Area. This community will contain 175 units offering the highest quality Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care all in luxurious, well-appointed surroundings.
You will play a key role, developing a unique culture in our newest location in Albany, CA. This is an opportunity to excel and achieve recognition as a leader in the Senior Living Industy!
At Belmont Village, there are certain things you can count on – quality care, professionally trained staff, innovative programs, warm hospitality, and actively engaged residents whose voices and interests shape their community. The Executive Director of Belmont Village Albany will help to bring these standards to life.
Executive Director - Senior Living - Albany Brand New Facility Opening Soon - Apply immediately!
Relocation assistance is available.
- Manage the facility in accordance with the state regulations and company policy, program and budget requirements
- Provide weekly and monthly operations reports to the VP of Operations including updates on any changes in state requirements for standards of care and supervision
- Use company guidelines and procedures to ensure clear definition of lines of responsibility, equitable workloads, and adequate supervision within the various departments
- Recruit, hire and train qualified staff as needed to meet service and scheduling requirements
- Build positive employee relations by applying company policy in a fair and consistent manner
- Carry out disciplinary action up to and including termination for employees with unsatisfactory performance
- Ensure the provision of services to residents with appropriate regard for the residents' physical and mental well-being and needs as identified in the residents' pre-admission and subsequent assessments
- Utilize company guidelines and procedures to assess and address the needs of residents with visual or auditory deficiencies
- Ensure community services including transportation are available to allow residents access to community programs, medical appointments and retail shopping
- Support sales initiative by assisting in sales activities as requested Participate in industry group and community functions. Network with local groups to generate awareness for Belmont Village Senior Living
- Meet state licensing requirements for annual continuing education
- Actively communicate health and safety information to employees and participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
- Verify that job specific safety procedures are established
- Train employees in safe work practices
- Verify that routine inspections are conducted by trained personnel and include job task observations
- Conduct timely accident investigations
- Correct hazards and unsafe conditions in a timely manner
- Communicate health and safety information to employees and facilitate their involvement in health and safety activities
- Verify the effective and timely training on health and safety activities
- Reinforce the use of good health and safety practices through positive recognition programs and disciplinary actions
- Complete health and safety audit finding closure within 30 days
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must meet and maintain state licensing requirements for this position
- Knowledge of the requirements for providing care and supervision appropriate to elderly residents
- Knowledge of and ability to conform to the applicable laws, rules and regulations
- Minimum two years of college; at least three yrs management experience providing residential care to the elderly; or equivalent education and experience as approved by the licensing agency
- 5-years supervisory and operations management in a service environment
- Ability to manage the facility budget, financial and other confidential records
- Have the personal integrity, physical energy and competence to provide care and supervision and, to work effectively with social agencies
- More than 5-years of increasingly responsible operations management experience
- College degree (in gerontology or related field)
- Hospitality experience
- Experience working with senior population
- Knowledge of and interest in local communities and events
- Ability to push, pull or lift up to 30-lbs., using proper body mechanics and/or available equipment
- Ability to bend or kneel for up to 15 consecutive minutes
- Ability to work for 3 to 3.75 hours standing, walking or moving without need to sit down
COME BE PART OF AN INNOVATIVE WINNING TEAM!
Belmont Village Senior Living offers excellent benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, life insurance and 401(k) with employer matched savings.
To apply click here.
Belmont Village Senior Living - Albany
1100 San Pablo Avenue
Albany, CA 94706
For more information regarding Belmont Village Senior Living visit www.belmontvillage.com
We Make Aging Better
Belmont Village Senior Living is an EOE/Drug Free work place.
Belmont Village Senior Living is the owner and operator of Belmont Village Albany. UC Berkeley and the Retirement Center are not financially or legally involved in the community and have no responsibility or liability for its operation.