Community Health Worker – Home to Provider
Bilingual - English/Armenian
- Reports to Long Beach, CA
- Serves Glendale and San Fernando Valley
Enhance seniors’ ability to manage their health and live independently by working with the care team to conduct home visits, developing and implementing plans of care, advocating on behalf of client and communicating actionable data to client’s care team.
- Maintains client’s health by advocating for client, helping them understand and use their benefits, assisting in scheduling appointments, building a support system, and reinforcing use of self-management and organizational tools.
- Supports client well-being by using strong observation and communication skills to coordinate care between physician office, client, caregiver and community resources.
- Provides ongoing face-to-face or telephonic visits with clients to identify barriers to accessing care, and supporting the plan of care developed by PCP and Care Manager.
- Contributes to the development of individualized care plan by using evidence-based guidelines and clinical knowledge, for client and provider, by evaluating and conducting home visits, gathering assessment information, and identifying problems, goals and interventions.
- Assists clients and caregivers in taking an active role in health management and promotion, by coaching, education, navigation and referrals to appropriate care and community based resource.
- Identifies pertinent information to communicate to care team by contacting client, as needed.
- Reviews adherence to physician’s recommendations, assessing barriers to care, and documenting information for the care team. Develops cross-functional relationships with medical groups by attending appropriate meetings, working on-site, and structuring effective communication mechanisms.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal, critical thinking and analytical skills through positive communication with clients, caregivers, care team and community agencies.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, decision-making and multi-tasking skills as demonstrated by problem solving and successful outcomes.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation in multiple computer systems to record assessment, observations and corresponding documentation, including care plans, and progress notes.
- Enhances skills and knowledge by participating in educational offerings and team case conferences and training per department guidelines.
- Utilizes department desktop procedures, workflows, job aids and training material. Identifies barriers to work processes and brings to the attention of the supervisor/manager.
- Maintains the client‘s right to privacy and protects SCAN and Medical Group operations by keeping information confidential.
- Adheres to all quality, compliance and regulatory standards to achieve desired outcomes.
- Actively supports the achievement of SCAN’s and Medical Group’s Vision and Goals.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.