ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct service to members through group counseling/therapy, case management, job support, crisis intervention, and psycho-social rehabilitation services either in the community or on site at a Thresholds location.
- Teaches members independent and community living skills, such as housekeeping, shopping, meal preparation and personal hygiene as well as the development of functional, interpersonal, support system and coping skills.
- Provides support to members with collateral sources, including other agencies, Social Security Administration, medical providers, Chicago Housing Authority, etc. Advocates and assists with problem solving/resolution that will help the member access and utilize support from the community or support system.
- Performs comprehensive member assessments, with the team and team leader, in order to identify the member’s mental health service needs and to make recommendations for treatment.
- Supports and promotes member self-advocacy and participation in decision making, treatment and treatment planning.
- Monitors Self Administration of Medication. This includes all procedures associated with the documentation of medication monitoring of self-administration in keeping with Thresholds standards, as well as procedures to follow in the event that there is any disruption to the medication schedule.
- Meets required billing targets and completes all documentation within assigned time frames.
- Must meet Office of Mental Health Rule 132 credential requirements for a Rehabilitative Services Associate which requires a minimum age of 21, high school graduate or GED certificate, demonstrated skills in the field of services to adults.+
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with mental illness preferred.
- Ability to work as an effective team players.
- Ability to document services provided in an Electronic Health Record in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Daily access to a personal vehicle is required. Must obtain and maintain $100,000/$300,000/$100,000 bodily injury and liability insurance. Subject to validation every six months.
- May be required to provide transportation for members of the program using a Thresholds provided vehicle or personal vehicle. Must be 23 years of age and must meet all insurance carrier’s requirements. Subject to annual Department of Motor Vehicles license verification.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to stand, bend, stretch and climb stairs. Ability to lift or move up to 30 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, grasping and lifting may all be required in this position.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, make fine discriminations in sound.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to travel to many locations throughout Chicagoland during the workday.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and outside.