Thresholds, a national leader in mental health services, is a recipient of the Chicago Tribune “Top 100 Workplaces" for three consecutive years and a nine-time winner of Chicago’s “101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For". Through our more than 100 Chicagoland locations and 30 innovative programs, Thresholds provides healthcare, housing and hope for over 15,000 adults and youth.
Community Support Specialist
Community Support Specialist is responsible to facilitate mental health rehabilitation interventions and supports necessary to assist individual with mental illnesses to achieve rehabilitative, resilience and recovery goals primarily in a person’s own environment. 60% of services must be provided in the member’s natural setting.
Thresholds provides three (3) clinical services in order to serve our members:
- CSI (Community Support Individual) – Members seen 1-2 times per/week to once a month. Lowest level of care.
- CST (Community Support Team) – Members are seen 2-3 times per week. Moderate level of care.
- ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) – Members are seen 5-7 times per week and staff may be required to work some weekends. Highest level of care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct service to members through group counseling/therapy, case management, job support, crisis intervention, and psycho-social rehabilitation services either in the community or on site at a Thresholds location.
- Teaches members independent and community living skills, such as housekeeping, shopping, meal preparation and personal hygiene as well as the development of functional, interpersonal, support system and coping skills.
- Provides support to members with collateral sources, including other agencies, Social Security Administration, medical providers, Chicago Housing Authority, etc. Advocates and assists with problem solving/resolution that will help the member access and utilize support from the community or support system.
- Performs comprehensive member assessments, with the team and team leader, in order to identify the member’s mental health service needs and to make recommendations for treatment.
- Supports and promotes member self-advocacy and participation in decision making, treatment and treatment planning.
- Monitors Self Administration of Medication. This includes all procedures associated with the documentation of medication monitoring of self-administration in keeping with Thresholds standards, as well as procedures to follow in the event that there is any disruption to the medication schedule.
- Meets required billing targets and completes all documentation within assigned time frames.