| This position is responsible for leading programming (workshops, etc.) and advising efforts in support of students, student teams and alumni teams interested in social enterprise ventures. The ideal candidate has led or been part of the leadership team of a social enterprise startup, is connected to the Boston social entrepreneurship ecosystem, has experience as a mentor to startups and students, and is an excellent presenter, communicator and project manager. |
Create meaningful, life impacting value for Harvard students, student teams and alumni teams interested in social enterprise ventures.
- Develop and implement entrepreneurship skills development programming and resources that align with the four-part i-lab pedagogy. Plans will be developed in coordination with contacts developed from schools (i.e. College, HKS, HGSE, HBS, HLS), student clubs, and/or outside groups. Balance recruiting external speakers with personally delivered sessions
- Serve as the primary liaison to students, student clubs, selected faculty, and administrative staff from across Harvard schools working on Social and Cultural Entrepreneurship ventures (primary schools include College, HKS, HGSE, HBS – tertiary school would include HLS, GSD, HSPH).
- Initiate activities and programs that build the i-lab as a community home for student entrepreneurs and innovators pursuing Social and Cultural Entrepreneurship ideas.
- Initiate activities and programs that provide meaningful support to Launch Lab venture teams
- Serve as a contact point for faculty across Harvard who are interested in partnering to drive their teaching and program ideas with the i-lab and the Innovation Labs in general. Particular focus areas would be faculty interested in the Social Entrepreneurship sector in the College, HKS, HGSE, and HBS, but could come from other schools as well.
- Serve as the primary staff advisor for all Social Enterprise teams in the i-lab and Launch Lab (est. 40 per session)
Other Tasks and Accountabilities:
- Work with Centralized Programming to develop topic and frequency appropriate events that generate high NPS scores
- Work with Centralized Marketing and Centralized Operations to ensure Social Enterprise programming is executed flawlessly
- Serve the lead role on the annual President's Innovation Challenge
- Work with the Director to optimize the Venture Incubation Program Mentor Program.
- Actively participates in the broader innovation community and the social enterprise sector in particular
Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter @HBSJobs
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
About the Harvard Innovation Labs:
The Harvard Innovation Labs is a unique collaboration and education space designed to foster entrepreneurship and innovation across Harvard University. The Harvard innovation labs consists of 3 lab facilities adjacent to each other as follows:
- I-lab which is a "one Harvard" education collaborative open to any Harvard student from any Harvard school with a startup idea at any stage. Every semester, students from all schools can apply to participate in the venture incubation program (VIP), a 12 week integrated program that combines mentoring, workshops and community to help their start up team move their ideas further faster. Post-graduation teams can apply to move into the launch lab to continue working on their startups.
- Launch Lab is a "ONE Harvard" inspired curated co-working space adjacent to the i-lab and Life Lab, designed and resourced to support high potential Harvard Alumni startup ventures who want to continue in the VIP program. This 8,500 square foot co-working space has 140 work stations housing approximately 30 Harvard alumni venture teams which is affordable and flexible offering 8 conference spaces, 6 phone rooms, 2 kitchens and lounge space. The Launch Lab teams can also gain access to the i-lab's programming, network of faculty, mentors, advisors and investors.
- The Pagliuca Harvard Life Lab is a shared laboratory space for high-potential life sciences and biotech startups founded by Harvard faculty, alumni, students, and postdoctoral scholars. The 15,000-square-foot facility has 36 lab work benches and 50 co-working spaces, conference rooms and kitchen adjacent to the i-lab and Launch lab is a fully-equipped and permitted laboratory and office space for early-stage companies.
Salary Grade: 058
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary