The mission of Hidden Valley 4-H Camp is to provide youth with a fun, residential camp experience under the guidance of positive role models that emphasize community building, positive social interactions, environmental awareness and skill building. The Health Director is needed to respond to emergencies and carry out programs of health and safety throughout the summer. The Health Director will live on camp property while camp is in session.
The summer camp season includes one week of pre-camp staff training starting July 3, 2017 and 6 weeks of residential camp that run from Sunday morning to Friday evening each week. Specific dates are July 9 – August 18, 2017. Additional weekend coverage will be required for 2 stay-over weekends in July and August.
III. Specific Responsibilities
- Develop health and safety procedures with the Camp Director
- Accept all medications on arrival day from parents and turn over medications on pick up day
- Record and report all admissions of the infirmary
- Live on site Sunday afternoon through Friday afternoon
- Administer and record all medications and treatments according to physician's orders
- Order and prepare first aid kits for emergency use to all counselors
- Physically check all campers upon arrival in camp and review all health records
- Maintain all records of campers and staff (hospital visits, doctor visits, medication, injuries, dietary habits)
- Train staff on all health and safety procedures and precautions of camp
- Support and embrace diversity in all interactions with campers, other staff members, volunteers and parents. Implement programs that engage diverse backgrounds, interests and learning styles.
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- 21 years of age or older
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Physician's Assistant or Medical Doctor and licensed to practice in the State of New York
- Current First Aid Responding to Emergencies & CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification
- Experience or background with youth
- Ability to communicate effectively with Camp Director, entire camp staff, campers and camp families
- Incorporates Team Work and Flexibility into their daily work style
- Good Character
- Ability to get to remote locations on camp property over rough terrain
How To Apply: Applicants (including current employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations) must apply online through the APPLY button in this job posting. Current employees of Schuyler County Cornell Cooperative Extension Association are considered internal applicants and must apply online through their Workday account which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/
IMPORTANT! All applicants must submit a COVER LETTER (please reference the position you are applying for) and a RESUME. Please indicate in your cover letter, resume, or other document three individuals who may be contacted as REFERENCES.
Please consider indicating in your application all information you feel would be helpful for selection committee members to know. Once the application is submitted you will NOT be able to change your submission or add attachments. Be sure that you have followed all directions and requirements listed in the job posting.
All applications must be received on-line by February 1, 2017. Position closing dates may change based on Association needs.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at (607) 255-2117, or via email at: email@example.com.
For additional questions, please contact Jennifer Sweet, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title:Association Tmp Camp Director
Level:No Grade - Annual
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Kathy Wren
Number of Openings:0
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.