Position Overview / Responsibilities:
30% - Communications
* Serve as primary SFEC contact for customer service issues and general inquiries.
* Coordinate SFEC email, website (generally Drupal sites), phone, mail, and other communications. This may include original writing, reviewing and editing, and posting or sending content.
* Investigate new communication tools and strategies that may improve convenience and value to SFEC staff and members. Recommend communication system improvements to the SFEC Manager.
* Design basic SFEC promotional materials using content provided by the SFEC Manager.
* Serve as liaison between SFEC, DNR and Consulting Foresters for the Approved Stewardship Plan Writers Tracking System.
* Produce original photography and requested copy as a record of SFEC events as directed. This may include interpretation and synthesis of natural resources-related content.
* Work with internal or third-party designers to lay out, edit, print, and mail key communications, ensuring compliance with UMN communications standards.
30% - Data Management and Accounting
* Provide accurate and timely financial documentation to SFEC Manager for accounts payable.
* Coordinate SFEC financial transactions including membership invoices, event registration payments, and event preparation, and assist in preparation of an annual financial report.
* Track and regularly report on Continuing Forestry Education (CFE) credits for Forest Stewardship Program Approved Plan Preparers.
* Design and/or maintain databases including SFEC contacts, CFE credits, and other data as assigned.
* Assist with grants administration including project coordination and reporting. Communicate with the UMN Office of Sponsored Projects Administration and collegiate grants administration contacts to ensure timely reporting and grant administration.
30% - Event Planning
* Create and coordinate registration processes for SFEC events through online registration forms as well as email, phone, or other registration methods as needed to accommodate SFEC event requirements.
* Coordinate printing and assembly of folders, handouts, nametags, and related items for SFEC events.
* Plan and coordinate event logistics including scheduling meeting facilities, field transportation, catering, lodging, and related matters.
* Investigate and recommend potential third-party vendors including caterers, transportation providers, and others based on service quality and value.
* Coordinate contract development with third-party vendors and UMN contracts management staff.
10% - Programmatic Support
* Coordinate communication with SFEC Committees before, during, and after meetings, including recording key decisions and outcomes from meetings.
* Ensure an adequate inventory of SFEC office supplies such as nametags, folders, and related items.
* Maintain all SFEC office equipment; arrange servicing/repair when needed.
Appointment: This is a full-time, annually renewable for 40 hours per week, based at the University of Minnesota’s Cloquet Forestry Center. The position does sometimes require working flexible hours and may include a few nights per year of overnight travel.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Travel: Some travel in a personal vehicle will be required. Travel reimbursement will follow University policy.