Job Description Summary:
The Division of Information Technology (it.gwu.edu) is the chief provider of technology infrastructure, services and applications at GW. The Division partners with stakeholders across GW to equip students, staff and faculty with the technology know-how and tools necessary to achieve academic excellence. Reporting to the Data Quality Manager, the Business Intelligence Analyst for Data Quality works within the Division's Business Intelligence department.
The Business Intelligence Analyst for Data Quality will play an instrumental role in the organization to develop and support an enterprise data quality solution for the University. This role will support the University's ability to analyze and assess the data quality across multiple systems. As an active participant in data quality projects from a process and technology perspective, the incumbent will work closely with the Division of IT and business owners in helping to support the Data Governance Committee with actionable information to improve the quality and value of data assets. This individual will be responsible for the following:
- Conducts data profiling, performing analysis, reviewing results, developing data quality rules
- Identifies data quality metrics, set up capture mechanisms and design data quality scorecards
- Develops of procedures to cleanse data and work with system owners to correct data quality issues at the source
- Performs system maintenance and upgrades when necessary
- Ensures oversight and access management for the DQ Repository
- Makes modifications to data governance tool model configuration when needed
- Maintains and support the Address Doctor Real Time connector
- Performs data load and mappings from source systems
- Troubleshoots, monitors, and manages the environment
- Supports all request for new API Connections
- Develops workflows using Eclipse BPMN workflow
- Develops scripts to execute and test mappings and workflows
- Develops scripts to import and export data
- Develops Integrations between Data Quality tool and Data Governance Tool including but not limited to BPMN workflow engineering, setting up scripts, calling (web) service APIs, adding a Java module, creating integration with a target system
The position is based at GW's Virginia Science & Technology campus in Ashburn, VA but may require travel to the Foggy Bottom campus located in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Codes, tests, documents, and implements solutions as directed.,
Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.,
Assists with troubleshooting as directed.,
Assists with the daily support of the University’s ERP applications, utilizing appropriate tools to identify and address problems.,
Provides additional support of the ERP applications as needed and directed.,
Participates in user review, verification, and testing sessions as directed.,
Implements, patches, and upgrades ERP software as directed.
The incumbent generally performs job duties in a normal business office environment. This involves working while sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. The job also includes significant event planning and execution, which requires a significant level of physical activity, including standing, walking, and occasionally lifting office supply items that may weigh up to 20 pounds. Additionally, the incumbent may be required to attend meetings in other offices, or deliver and/or retrieve information from other offices around campus.
The ability to operate basic office equipment such as personal computers, duplicating machines, fax machines and standard office telephones may also be required.
- Experience with data management technologies and tools (e.g., Informatica IDQ, MDM, Collibra)
- Experience in data analysis, data quality, data warehousing and data enrichment
- Strong SQL skills; proficient writing advanced queries to solve complex questions
- Hands-on experience in Informatica Administration – specializing in Data Quality Administration (9.x)
- Certification on IDQ Admin Specialist
- Ability to design, build and test IDQ mappings and workflows
- Experience with Address Doctor
- Experience on both Linux & Windows operating systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with other business customers and IT teams
- Experience with REST API and web services
- Agile (Scrum) experience
- Programming skills to write Python or R scripts
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants::
In order to gain a better understanding of your experience, the professional experience section of your resume must include months in addition to years. For example, instead of "2014 – 2015," it should include "April 2014 – January 2015" or similar information.