| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Executive Assistant. In this role, you will provide professional and polished executive-level administrative support to the office of administration, and to interact on the office's behalf with senior-level MSK leadership, Board members, employees, leadership of affiliated hospitals, and external organizations /consultants.
- Exercising independent judgment and initiative in prioritizing, scheduling, and organizing appointments, meetings, and conferences;
- Preparing, organizing, and reviewing agendas for numerous local, regional, national, and international meetings and conferences;
- Coordinating meeting schedules and logistics, as well as gathering and preparing necessary supporting documents and materials;
- Participating in meetings for the purpose of minute preparation;
- Arranging rooms, equipment, catering for all meetings;
- Providing coverage support for arranging the domestic and international travel;
- Managing the filing and organization system for the office.
- Ordering supplies for the office; and,
- Answering phones and emails on behalf of the office in a professional manner.
- This position requires a great deal of professionalism, confidentiality, good judgment, discretion and the ability to be proactive and anticipate changes in a pressurized environment. You must be comfortable multi-tasking and taking on additional responsibilities when needed and ability to delegate when possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-8 years of progressively responsible administrative support experience, including supporting a senior-level executive
- Proficiency with various software packages to manipulate and manage data for the office, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet Research
- Superior proficiency with drafting/editing/proofreading documents
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills along with a strong self-confidence
- Excellent written and speaking skills
- The ability to be proactive, work independently and use good judgment
- Familiarity with the institution and its policies is highly preferred
In order to be considered for an Executive/ Administrative/ Secretary role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.