Posting Number: 20171279S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/10 Month
Department: 321-University Counseling Center
This position is an ongoing 10 month/year appointment. Responsibilities include all the functions of a well-functioning university counseling center, including individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, evaluation of students with mental health concerns, after hours on-call for University, consultation with parents, faculty, administrators and off-campus providers, education and outreach on mental health topics, and administrative responsibilities, as assigned. The position requires typical daytime hours as well as carrying an on-call phone 24 hours/day on a rotational basis to respond to crisis cases.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Individual and group counseling.
- Crisis intervention.
- Consultation with families, faculty, administrators and other health professionals.
- After-hours on-call including emergency assessment and disposition.
- Evaluation of students at-risk and those requesting departure and for or return from medical leave of absence through interview and consultation with others.
- Providing educational outreach throughout the university community.
- Seeking and respecting supervisors input.
- Relating comfortably to peers in a mutually supportive setting.
- Active participation in case conferences, psychiatric case reviews, and clinical discussion.
- Use of Titanium Database.
- Obtaining (within fourteen months of employment ) Pennsylvania licensure as a psychologist, and obtaining continuing education as needed and as required by Pennsylvania licensing law.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
- Completed earned doctorate in counseling or clinical psychology before start date.
- Ability to evaluate students through clinical interview. Ability to evaluate and intervene in psychological crises. Ability to refer students whose treatment needs exceed the work of a college-counseling center. Familiarity with psychodynamic principles and ability to provide insight-oriented therapy.
Flexibility to respond to the multiple venues in which psychologists are needed on a college campus, including activities beyond the 9-5 schedule.
- Ability to consult with students families, administrators, faculty, and other health and mental health professionals.
- Ability to form therapeutic relationships with students within a short-term model.
- Ability to use word processing and to keep records within Titanium Electronic Medical records software.
- Applicants are required to have demonstrated experience providing therapy in an outpatient setting with a relatively healthy group of clients, excellent clinical skills and insight-orientation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to handle a large case-load.
- Ability to interact in a collegial way with other staff members within and beyond the Counseling Center.
- Use of computer for email, internet information and record keeping in Titanium Electronic Medical records software.
- Use of cell phone for after-hours on-call duties.
- Experience providing counseling in a college counseling center is strongly preferred, including internship and/or post-doctoral fellowship. Experience working as a psychologist within an institutional setting (not just a private practice) is strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while conducting counseling sessions.
- Rotating after-hours on-call responsibilities for week end and nighttime emergencies.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 02/24/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: J
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10781
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency