Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
This position is responsible for the enforcement of parking regulations and laws on the campus of CWU, inspecting and maintaining parking areas, issue citations and making recommendations for needed changes within parking areas. Working with student enforcement officers.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
- Patrol campus parking areas. Observe parking and traffic patterns and issues citations for parking violation. May follow through on collections and/or citations;
- Conduct Parking Enforcement and Service consisting of writing citations, interacting with students, staff and visitors;
- Report traffic and parking conditions and incidents requiring Police investigation;
- Appear in court to testify on parking citations;
- Visually check vehicles for valid parking permits;
- Direct the flow of campus traffic to appropriate areas;
- Direct visitors to parking areas and office and provides general campus information upon request;
- Provide information on parking, explaining rules and regulations;
- Perform vehicle unlocks and vehicle jump starts;
- Inspect parking lots and signage. Report damaged or missing signs;
- Take action as needed to mitigate safety issues/concerns on CWU Campus;
- Collect and deposit money from dispensers;
- Perform routine maintenance on dispensers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Valid Driver's License
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information and records
- Experience utilizing computer software such as MS Office to create and edit documents
- Experience utilizing GroupWise or other e-mail software to send/receive email and schedule appointments
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients
- No disqualifying convictions; extensive background check will be conducted
- Parking Services experience
- Experience with T2 parking software
- Knowledge of RCW's, WAC's, department and University policies, procedures and practices
- Cooperation - Ability to work effectively with students, staff, faculty and the general public or other agencies to identify needs / concerns. Upon request from those persons provide information and/or assistance in resolving their problems or needs.
- Communication - Effectively express ideas and information Through the spoken word. Explain information in a clear, concise and logical manner. Compose clear, direct and succinct written information and effectively convey information to the intended reader. Carefully document enforcement action in the case of appeal or trial.
- Enforcement - Enforcement of parking laws, rules and regulations. Initiate educational and enforcement actions in ways that the public perceives as fair, objective and reasonable.
- Accountability/Dependability - Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement - Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork - Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity - Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$2665/month with periodic increases up to $3453/month
| Schedule To Be Determined / WFSE Bargaining Unit 1 |
| Work is performed outdoors. It is essential to be able to meet the physical demands of walking and remaining outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather; remaining at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, using repetitive arm, hand and finger movements. Some lifting, driving, carrying or moving of objects and other movements will be required. Evening, early morning or weekend work and travel may be required. |
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for five professional references.
Screening Begins: March 15, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Eric Twaites
Phone: (509) 963-2959
Website: CWU Parking Services
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.
This is a Bargaining Unit I position and incumbent, as a condition of employment, will be required to become a member of the Washington Federation of State Employees, AFL-CIO, or pay a representation fee or a non-association fee within thirty calendar days from date of hire.