| POSITION DETAILSThe Office of Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR) at Baruch College facilitates and enhances the acquisition of external funding by faculty, staff, and administrators to support the College's missions of research, teaching, and public service. SPAR works closely with the CUNY Research Foundation, the Baruch College Fund, and other College fiscal agents to ensure that awardees have ample administrative support during the funding period. The Sponsored Programs Coordinator will support SPAR's mission of increasing the number of faculty and administrators receiving funding by coordinating the key services of pre-award administration, including pre-application planning, proposal preparation and submission. The position reports to the Director of SPAR.The additional duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:|
* Facilitates the research of funding opportunities for the activities of the academic schools and administrative units; maintains data on funding sources and a library of agency policies, procedures, and documentation.
* Develops and maintains a database of external funding sources for faculty and staff; assists with the publication of the monthly "Funding Focus" newsletter.
* Reviews proposal submissions for accuracy and compliance with funding guidelines.
* Administers and/or facilitates pre-award grant preparation for the office.
* Assists faculty and staff in their planning for submissions to multiple funding sources and re-submissions of declined proposals.
* Develops preliminary budget information for proposals and maintains familiarity with the rules and regulations for federal and state proposals.
* Updates and maintains the proposal database.
* Maintains and improves content on SPAR's website as a resource to increase external funding at the College.
* Provides administrative support to the Joint Committee for Research.
* Attends faculty meetings and makes departmental announcements.
* Coordinates outreach activities and workshops for faculty and staff.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree required. Two (2) years of experience preferred. Experience with grant, award or research administration preferred. Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple demands and projects, and meet deadlines. A strong customer service orientation and attention to details are essential, along with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Must work effectively with all levels of faculty, staff and constituents.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWAssists with the administration of College research programs and coordinates research facilities.
* Works with faculty and others to prepare, set-up, and monitor budgets for research project expenditures, including new faculty start-ups and funds for facilities
* Collects information for, and prepares fiscal and program reports on research projects
* May assist with preparing grant proposals and providing information to funding sources.
* Assists with space planning for research efforts
* Works with Environmental Health and Safety personnel on planning, monitoring, and compliance
* Maintains databases and other systems that collect information regarding College research activities
* Schedules, coordinates and prepares materials for meetings.
* Coordinates with other offices to prepare agendas and reports.Job Title Name: Research Programs CoordinatorCUNY TITLEAssistant to HEOFLSANon-exemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEMarch 30, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* Sponsored Programs Coordinator*Job ID:
* 16421*Full/Part Time: