Vice Provost, College of Professional & Graduate Studies
Southern Nazarene University is seeking to fill a full time position as the Vice Provost of the College of Professional & Graduate Studies. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled.
Candidates should have an Ed.D. or Ph.D. in an appropriate field of study. Preference will be given to candidates with
- experience in the area of adult and continuing education
- an entrepreneurial style
- leadership experience for growth
- experience operating under a business model.
Provide leadership for the development and enhancement of degree completion and graduate programs. This is a full-year appointment and reports to the Provost with access to the President’s Cabinet. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- provide senior leadership for all matters related to nontraditional degree programs including marketing, recruiting, admissions, financial aid, registration, student success and advising
- work with all to set the vision, strategic plans, and budgets for all nontraditional education endeavors
- work with all to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of these programs
- envision and develop new programs, new locations, and new delivery methods
- oversee the hiring, training, developing, and evaluating of staff
- supervise and support the recruitment and retention of quality students
- supervise the operations and maintenance of off-campus sites
- work with faculty and program directors in all facets of academics for nontraditional degree programs
Rank and Salary:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health, retirement matching, professional development, etc.
The Graduate & Professional Studies program began in 1988 and continues to provide non-traditional education opportunities for adult students through accelerated degree programs in Tulsa, Bethany and online. Currently most classes meet one evening per week. Graduate Program offerings include, MA Educational Leadership, MA Counseling Psychology, MBA, MSM, MBA with healthcare concentration. All business programs are also online.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the State Board of Education, SNU is a private, liberal arts university with a variety of undergraduate, graduate and adult education programs. As a Christian community of scholars, we model the hospitality of grace, the pursuit of truth and the practice of discipleship, all within the Wesleyan tradition, as we prepare graduates who THINK with clarity, ACT with integrity and SERVE with purpose. SNU has an enrollment of approximately 2000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Candidates wishing to apply for this position should submit: 1) letter of application; 2) curriculum vita; 3) a two-page statement highlighting the candidate's perspective and understanding with regard to the integration of Christian faith and learning; 4) three letters of reference; and 5) copies of academic transcripts to: Dr. Melany Kyzer, University Provost, Southern Nazarene University, 6729 N.W. 39th Expressway, Bethany, OK 73008. Phone (405) 491- 6600; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Nondiscrimination
Southern Nazarene University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, or disability in the recruitment, admission, and treatment of students or access to university programs or activities including the operation of all university programs, activities, services and employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies including Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Age Discrimination.