The American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) is the professional home for more than 5,000 informatics researchers and practitioners, healthcare professionals, and thought leaders in biomedicine, health care, and science. AMIA is an unbiased, authoritative source within the informatics community and the healthcare industry in the US and globally. AMIA aims to lead the way in transforming h...ealth care through trusted science, education, and the practice of informatics. AMIA's program and services are centered on the core purposes of:
• Advancing the scientific foundations of informatics
• Promoting the education of informaticians
• Assuring that health information technology is used most effectively to promote health and health care
• Advancing the profession of informatics
• Providing products and services for AMIA members including scientific symposia, educational programs for professional certification, a professional journal (JAMIA), and support for networking and professional development.