The Front-End Web Developer creates the visual elements and helps maintain Indiana Wesleyan University’s residential community websites.
Baccalaureate degree in web design, internet development or comparable
Executive Director of Marketing and Communication
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the residential web manager and marketing (graphic designers, copywriters, social media, etc) in the creation of visual direction and strategy.
- Develop and maintain web images, UI elements, that enhance residential community websites.
- Participate in identifying key goals and strategies for various websites and sections of websites.
- Maintain and enhance residential campus digital displays including Admissions Visit Wall and Library Kiosk.
- Research and develop digital app and digital admissions platform for prospective student engagement.
- Manage the design process from consulting with clients and concept creation to final delivery of projects.
- Assist in development and maintenance of web assets
- Follow up with departmental clients to evaluate projects and their effectiveness.
- Recognize and move quickly between projects with varying degrees of structure.
- Keep up with current trends and technologies related to the visual arts and web design and development
- Ability to manage fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Student Employee Supervisory Responsibility
- Oversees Work (directs work activities)
- Hires (makes hiring decisions)
- Evaluates Work (completes performance reviews/addresses performance concerns)
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Exposure to web marketing and e-commerce
- Experience in a MAC OSX environment
- Working digital portfolio.
- 2+ years experience in web industry
- Demonstrated experience with the development process from initial client consulting to concept creation to delivery and post project follow up.
- Organized, highly creative and able to give and receive constructive criticism throughout the creative process.
- Ability to work independently within a highly collaborative team
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer