| Gannett Health Services (GHS) is a fully accredited ambulatory care center with more than 200 employees, committed to providing integrated and culturally sensitive medical, mental health, health promotion and public health services for the diverse Cornell community. Gannett is nationally recognized for innovation and leadership in the development of integrated, cost-effective, and community-based services and campus health initiatives.|
The Faculty Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) reporting within Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) of Gannett Health Services serves as the primary mental health consultation and referral service for faculty and staff in the University community as well as the University's consultant on these issues. Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director for the FSAP and broader supervision of the Director of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) Counselor/Therapists provide:
- Crisis intervention,
- Outreach, and referral services to Cornell University faculty and staff
- Consultation, education, and prevention strategies to the University community
This position is considered an Essential Employee, needed on campus to meet the needs of students, research programs, or general operations when the university is in reduced operating status or closed.
This position is OSHA Category BBP2; TB2; ERG2
- LCSW or licensed Clinical or Counseling Psychologist
- Three or more years clinical experience preferably in a university setting or with a Employee Assistance Program.
- Proficient in computer use (word processing, database management, desktop publishing, and internet).
- Strong commitment to collaborative work.
- Celebrating diversity, accessible to the diverse staff and faculty within Cornell University.
- Experience working with diverse faculty and staff.
- Flexible in adjusting to a changing work environment, job responsibilities, and departmental priorities.
- CPR-BLS level certification required within one year of employment and maintained biannually.
- Experience with electronic health record management systems
- Experience working in an integrated ambulatory health care environment
- Proficiency in a language in addition to English desirable
- Experience in an employee assistance or faculty staff assistance program
Visa sponsorship for this position is not available. Relocation assistance will be provided.
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Resume/Cover Letter/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the Paperclip icon to search for file(s) or use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag document(s) into your application. For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please click here as an external candidate or click here if you are an internal candidate.
Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site
University Job Title:Counselor Therapist II
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Cassie Palladino
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-02-27-08:00