| Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. |
- Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Coordinator of Prospect Research and Management is an integral part of the Advancement Services team that supports the fundraising and alumni engagement programs at Rowan University. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, identifying, researching and providing analysis on major and principal gift prospects. With Rowan?s designation as a state research university and its continued growth and expansion, the Coordinator of Prospect Research and Management will play an integral role in helping the institution raise charitable gifts and expand its donor base.
- Identify and qualify new and existing major and planned gift prospects by utilizing information gained through analysis of data to determine estimated giving capacity and inclination to give.
- Complete research requests for University Advancement. This research and analysis will play an integral role in the activities of a comprehensive campaign and will directly contribute to the campaign?s success.
- Evaluate and analyze financial data, philanthropic interests, and community involvement of major and planned gift prospects.
- Conduct research using online subscriptions and internet and print sources, in addition to peer and professional review.
- Through mining the database and monitoring industry and business news, proactively identify new prospects and profile individuals from a fundraising perspective.
- Create briefing materials on prospects for the President and other senior administration, as well as fundraisers for development-related calls, visits and events.
- Conduct research on other subjects as requested by the University administration for the advancement of Rowan University.
Prospect Data Management
- Maintain and update information on prospects and donors in the Abila Millennium system.
- Maintain prospect ratings and campaign prospect roll.
- Compile and prepare prospecting reports appropriate for fundraising campaigns or college outreach programs.
Prospect Moves Management
- Maintain a library of Prospect Management Process & Policy compliance and training documentation, and train staff.
- Review prospect portfolios quarterly to ensure that each gift officer does not have more than 200 assigned prospects at one time.
- Review prospect phase in the Ratings table with gift officers per their most recent contact reports to ensure that the system has the most up-to-date data on prospects within the development cycle.
- Conduct monthly meetings with each gift officer to address their moves management issues.
- Provide constituent data management support to the Office of Advancement Services, including the Millennium system.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional research experience in a nonprofit management, development, alumni relations, marketing or similar work environment.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience using data analytic tools such as Crystal Report, Reeher Analytics, FileMaker Pro, MS Access.
- Experience in Abila Millennium or other donor relations management system.
- Experience in higher education advancement operations.
- Applicants should send a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, a resume, and the names and contact information of at least three (3) professional references.
- Writing samples will be requested of candidates selected for interviews.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.