| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Supply Clerk III
The Rockefeller Outpatient Pavilion offers outpatient chemotherapy and radiology services. As a Supply Clerk for this facility you will monitor and control the flow of medical supplies, linen, and medical equipment on assigned clinical floors.
Supply Distribution- Delivers and stores supplies in appropriate location per department guidelines with established time frames.
Ancillary Support/Coverage- Provides support and coverage in areas assigned.
- Checks all orders received for accuracy against requisition form and packing slips while distributing and storing items. Returns incorrect items and reorders unfilled items from appropriate vendor.
- Distributes items and stores in appropriate location according to par levels. Follows established priority in delivery and storage of items.
- Checks dated items on a consistent basis to ensure products not expired.
- Stocks all items placing older items in the front and new stock in the rear for use prior to expiration date.
- Orders supplies through the on-line system or outside vendors as per departmental guidelines and without over stocking.
- Anticipates and avoids problems by ordering depleted items as soon as possible. Offers alternatives to out of stock items when appropriate
- Consistently follows up daily with various vendors on the status of back ordered items and notifies staff of such status if it becomes critical.
- Supply Ordering: Takes inventory and orders supplies to maintain shelf levels in all assigned supply areas.
- Clerical Support- Processes all supply requisitions/credits per departmental guidelines.
- Care for the Environment- Contributes to a safe, clean and operation environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of supply clerk experience
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work and push heavy carts as well as standing for long periods of time
- Basic computer knowledge
The scheduled shift will be Monday – Friday/Saturday, 5 AM – 8:45 AM (If scheduled to work on a Saturday a day off during the week will be determined, depending on department needs).
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.