Assistant Director of Student Involvement for Student Engagement
Posting Number: 20171266S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 336-Director - Student Involvement
The Assistant Director for Student Engagement within the Office of Student Involvement will be primarily responsible for supporting and providing leadership development for student organizations. Designing and implementing leadership programming that will foster the growth of the total person, i.e., one who builds community, values differences, leads ethically, and serves others. The Assistant Director will also support the programs and initiatives of Student Involvement and the Student Life division, such as New Student Orientation, Family Weekend, At the Half sophomore leadership retreat, and other special events.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support student organizations and related functions of the office, including:
Coordinate of the Student Involvement Fair each semester.
Support the diversity initiatives from the Office of Student Involvement and the Office of Intercultural Affairs including multicultural training opportunities for student organizations and campus partners.
Plan and implement an annual awards program for student organizations in collaboration with the Director of Student Involvement.
With the Director and the Assistant Director for Leadership Programs, implement the Leadership Conferences each semester for incoming student leaders, providing training to student organization leadership on University policies, procedures, and connecting students to the Office of Student Involvement.
- Provide ongoing leadership training and support for Villanova student organizations with the Director of Student Involvement.
- Maintain student organization data base (currently collegiate link) in support of student organization registration and activities. .
- Support the Emerging Leaders Institute held each semester that provides students the opportunity outside of the classroom to reflect on, develop and experiment with leadership models and skills.
- Assist and attend the Office of First and Second Year Programs with the At The Half Sophomore Retreat.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development and leadership theories; appreciation for the mission and values of Catholic Higher Education; general understanding of University structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area .
- Excellent communication skills used to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups; ability to negotiate differences effectively and appropriately advise students; excellent interpersonal, organizational and program planning skills; excellent computer skills, desktop publishing and website design skills are desirable; ability to plan and manage own work flow, priorities and results accomplishment; willingness to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
- Masters degree in higher education, student personnel, or related field strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years student organization advising experience preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 02/24/2017
Closing Date (12am ET): 3/29/2017
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Salary commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10774
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency